4 Ways to Have Fun ~Safely~ at a Halloween Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Article written by Madison Andrade. 

The time has come, spooky season is here. And with that, comes costumes, parties, and a lot of…candy. Remember how your parents warned you to check your Halloween candy and throw away the pieces that looked… questionable? Well, even though you’re not 10 anymore, that advice can still be helpful to you now! If you’re interested in partying safely, or eating that candy without dying, keep reading for my top 4 tips on how to stay safe this Halloween! 

1. Bring a buddy, and always know where they are! 

It’s easy to go to a party with a friend, and lose them as soon as you walk in the door. Halloween adds even more complications because, well, costumes! Make sure you know what your friend is wearing, and where they’re planning to be throughout the night. You never know what could happen, so you should always have a backup plan or even a meeting point in case anything goes wrong! 

2. If you’re drinking, and set down your cup, get a new one – every time!

This tip doesn’t apply only to Halloween – you should do this every time you’re drinking at a party. If you set your cup down, even if only for a second, you should always go and get a new drink. This saves you from anything being potentially slipped into your drink, and trust me you can never be too cautious. This small act could save you from a lot of trouble! 

3. Make sure your phone is at full battery before hand! 

You’re most likely going to be snapchatting, taking loads of pictures for the ‘gram, and might even be drunk texting an ex (not recommended by the way.) You need to make sure your phone is still alive in well in case you need to get an Uber home, or call a friend to come pick you up. Phone’s are a wonderful thing, but only when they’re charged. 

4. Remember your gut feeling, and be aware of it at all times! 

You know when you just feel like something is off? Like something bad is just going to happen? That’s your intuition, your gut feeling, and that is extremely important! If you feel like the environment you’re in is unsafe, leave. You should always prioritize your safety over anything. You’ll know if a party is going south, and the best thing to do is get out! Pizza will always make the night better anyway. 

Overall the best thing to do is be aware of your surroundings, or, “check the candy”. Halloween is supposed to be fun and safe, and the two can definitely go hand in hand. Stay spooky!

Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women. 
A self proclaimed shopaholic,  she loves all things fashion and beauty, and can always be found obsessing over the latest trends! Feel free to reach out to Reema at ralgebor@asu.edu!