This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Fashion is more than just clothes now-a-days. It’s about expression and art, and showing those around you who you are through what you put on yourself. I always envied the girls who looked like they had walked straight out of an editorial, so I followed these 4 tips and developed my own new style. No matter what look you’re going for, whether it be street style, or skater chic, these 4 tips will help you find your way there!

1. Follow Some Style Bloggers!

All over your favourite social media, you can find some amazing fashion and beauty bloggers of all kind, who can help keep you up to date on the worldwide trends. 

Below, I’ve listed a few of my favs! 

Try this: 

Asiyami Gold @asiyami_gold

Aimee Song @songofstyle

Anne-Laurie Mais @adenorah

Lee Litumbe @spiritedpursuit

Alyssa Coscarelli @alyssainthecity

2. Invest In Timeless Pieces! 

It’s always tempting to buy that one super in-trend piece of clothing that it seems like everyone is rocking, but sometimes it’s better to splurge on those pieces that are gonna stick with you forever. No more fast-fashion!

Try this: Skip that trendy top, and invest in a good pair of denim, that can go with anything! 

Don’t!

Do!

3. Try Some Accessories! 

I know, I know, this sounds really dumb, but trust me! Just a pair of some asymmetrical earrings, or some cool sunnies, can completely change your look! Here’s a few of my picks for reference: 

4. Switch up your Kicks! 

For some reason, everyone always thinks that in order to look fashionable you have to be wearing heels! Well I call BS! These last few years, high fashion kicks have come down a few inches, to everyone’s favourite – sneakers! Gone are the days of stuffing a pair of flats into your purse, because now it’s all about comfort to look cool! 

A self proclaimed shopaholic,  she loves all things fashion and beauty, and can always be found obsessing over the latest trends! Feel free to reach out to Reema at ralgebor@asu.edu! 
Kathleen Leslie is a freshman at Arizona State University, studying political science and communications. She was born in August, (a typical Leo), in Chicago, Illinois but has since moved all over the world. Though, she considers Australia and Orange County, California, her home. Kathleen is a part of the 'I Am That Girl' club on ASU's campus and in addition, works as a communications aide for ASU. In her free time, she likes to shop, sail and hang out with friends, (hoping it always involves something with food). Kathleen Leslie is also the current campus correspondent for Her Campus ASU.