Style > Beauty

2020 Halloween Makeup Tutorials From Your Favorite MUAs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

To enhance your Halloween look, do your makeup! Frightening or glam makeup can elevate any costume significantly. This will help you stand out in Zoom parties or make for bomb AF Insta pics. Even if you don’t plan on doing your makeup this Halloween, these videos will surely get you into the spooky spirit. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, here are some of the best Halloween makeup tutorials on Youtube this year from your favorite MUAs.

James Charles  

Evil Clown Makeup  (James Charles and Avani Gregg)

Check out this Youtube video featuring TikTok star, Avani Gregg, for two different evil colorful clown makeup looks!

Spooky Spider Halloween Makeup (James Charles and Madison Beer)

In this video, James does a spider smokey-eye on Madison Beer with another spider on her cheek for a soft spooky glam. 

Nikkie Tutorials 

World’s Scariest Halloween Look Ever! (Nikkie de Jager)

2020 actually inspired this look- what could be scarier?!

Easy Mermaid Halloween Tutorial (Nikkie de Jager)

Watch this video for a dreamy, glowy mermaid look that’s made for beginners.

Easy Pop Art Halloween Tutorial (Nikkie de Jager)

If you want an easy comic-book character look, follow this tutorial!

Patrick Starrr

Ursula Little Mermaid Transformation (Patrick Starrr and Plastique Tiara)

This tutorial is for pros and those who want to go all-out for Halloween. If that’s you and you want to be either Ursula or Ariel, then this video is for you!

Beetlejuice Halloween 2020 Makeup Transformation (Patrick Starrr)

For those of you wanting to be Beetlejuice this Halloween, check out this advanced tutorial. 

Cardi B WAP Transformation (Patrick Starrr)

There’s no doubt that WAP is one of the most popular songs of 2020. If you want to recreate Cardi B’s look in her music video, then here’s the tutorial.

STRASHME

Halloween Makeup Vampire Slay (Ashley Strong)

Instant Influencer winner, Ashley Strong, teaches viewers how to do a glam vampire look in this video.

At the time of writing this article, top MUAs like Jeffree Star, Tati Westbrook, Manny MUA, Nikita Dragun, Jaclyn Hill, Laura Lee, Bretman Rock, and Gabriel Zamora all have yet to post a new Halloween look this year. For this reason, if James Charles, Nikkie de Jager, Patrick Starrr, and Ashley Strong didn’t have enough different 2020 Halloween looks on their channel for you, then you can look at past year’s looks from other popular MUAs or you can take this opportunity to check out lesser-known MUAs on Youtube. Simply search what kind of Halloween makeup you’re looking for and maybe you’ll discover a new favorite MUA. Remember to listen for what products they are using or look at the description to see if the products are listed to help you with your makeup look.

Ashlyn Robinette is an Arizona State University and Her Campus ASU alumnus. She received her B.A. in journalism and mass communication with a minor in digital audiences from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, and Barrett, The Honors College.