Style > Beauty

Winter Is Here: 5 Luxury Products To Make Winter Easier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ashoka chapter.

The haze of fog in the dawn, the shivers of the evening breeze and the laze inside fluffy blankets at night are signalling that winter, layered with clothes and wrapped in a warm stole, has finally arrived at our doorsteps. True experiences of the winter season not only include hot chocolate cravings and peaceful ‘no mosquito no lizard’ days but also dry and damaged skin. Skin care is very essential during winters and hence I have listed down my favourite winter luxury products that are worth the splurge. All these products are tried and tested by me so don’t hesitate to spend an extra cash and pamper your skin these winters. I have mentioned the names of the specific flavours of my choice but most of these products have other options you may want to explore.

1. Burt’s Bee Tinted Lip Balm and Lush Lip Scrub Mint 

Our lips are stripped of their moisture in winters and are left chapped and painfully sore. Exfoliating your lips with Lush lip scrubs and then moisturizing them with Burts Bee helps to regain the natural plump of your lips. The combined effect of these products on my lips was personally very effective, making them an indispensable winter essential for me.

2. The Body Shop Body Butter (Moringa)

White scars left behind in the dry skin are one of the common worries most of us share. The dullness and itchiness of skin can be very irritating as well as unpleasant to look at. Body Shop body butter has moisturizing qualities packed in a punch that relieves your skin from all kinds of irritation. This perfumed body butter is a package of natural fragrances and thick cream that regales your skin. The quantity, as well as the quality, is worth its value.

3. L’occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

Weather change brings along with the symptoms of skin horror, peeling of skin being the most common one. Despite being one of the most useful body parts, when it comes to skincare, hands are always neglected. The rough chores that our hands generally perform are mostly taken for granted and never treated properly. It is always the case that whenever winters arrive, the semi-peeled skin of our hands, harden up which end up getting stuck in the wool of the sweater you are wearing or in your hair strands every time you stroke your hair. To prevent such hassle I suggest you use L’occitane hand cream that especially cares for our hands and keeps it moisturized.  

4. Kama Ayurveda Pure Rose Water

Winter often makes you feel dull and lifeless. A splash of rose water is the perfect remedy for a natural skin makeover! Packaged with a fresh blend of the purest rose extract, this delicious product gently cleanses the skin of dust, dead cells and fatigue and leaves you with a natural and warm winter glow.

5. The Face Shop Chia Seed No Shine Intense Hydrating Cream

Whenever your face feels stretched and looks patched the Face Shop hydrating face cream is the best to use. Not only will it regain the moisture of your face but will also prevent it from looking excessively oily. The product will not clog your skin and is light enough to disappear in seconds after using it.

Even if all these products together don’t fit your student budget, splurging on the ones you need can be a good idea. It is the feeling and comfort they provide to your skin that complements the bliss of the winter season. After the humdrum of the summer rush, it is during the silent winter when your body demands for time and care it deserves to get. This winter, do give yourself more time and pamper your skin with the skin care products mentioned above.

Happy winter!

Edited by Ananya Khandelwal (UG 2021)

An amateur writer
Aqsa Pervez

Ashoka '19

An avid reader, she reads almost anything she can lay her hands on. She can share anything except cookies. She enjoys moonlit walks, whistling and basking in the winter sun.