This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ashoka chapter.

As the chill from the cold windy winter nights settles in our bones, there’s nothing quite as comforting as settling into a cosy evening routine and getting into our plush blankets. With the chill in the air and the darkness creeping in earlier, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere becomes essential for both physical and mental well-being. Whether you’re seeking solace after a long day or simply looking to indulge in some self-care, crafting a winter night routine can transform your evenings into a sanctuary of comfort and relaxation and these alarms are here to remind you of just that!

10:45pm: Your bed is waiting for you

The first step to trying to get into a healthy sleep routine is forcing yourself to go back to your dorm after a fun evening out with your friends or maybe it was a long academically trying day. Now, it’s about time you started getting excited about getting into your own bed as well!

11:00 pm: Go light those peppermint candles

Once you’re in your dorm, embracing the cosiness of winter begins with setting the stage for a tranquil evening. As daylight fades, dim the lights and light some candles to create a soft, warm ambiance. The gentle flicker of candlelight adds a touch of magic to any space, instantly making it feel more inviting. Opt for scented candles with fragrances like vanilla, cinnamon, or peppermint to evoke feelings of warmth and nostalgia.

11:10 pm: It’s hot chocolate time!!

With the atmosphere set, it’s time to indulge in some self-care rituals to unwind and rejuvenate. Start by preparing a steaming cup of your favourite hot beverage. Mine is  a creamy hot chocolate. No matter how old I get, something about the smell of hot cocoa just makes my heart dance like a kid in a candy store. Sipping on a warm drink not only helps to chase away the cold but also provides a moment of comfort and indulgence and with your first sip, you can give yourself a pat because you actually made it through the day.

11:20 pm: I know you’re feeling lazy but at least try to wash your face

Next, treat yourself to a skincare routine to nourish and hydrate your skin. The harsh winter weather can leave skin feeling dry and irritated, so it’s essential to replenish moisture and protect against the elements. Start by cleansing your face with a gentle cleanser, followed by a hydrating mask or serum to replenish lost moisture. Finish off with a moisturiser to lock in hydration and leave your skin feeling soft and supple (it’s the dream I know but baby steps are the way to go).

11:25 pm: Oooh….leftover apple pie in the fridge?

Of course, no cosy winter night routine would be complete without some comfort food to satisfy your cravings and warm your soul. Indulge in a decadent dessert like apple pie or chocolate fondue or simply a kitkat from nestle. Little meals at night are the best part of living alone after all, aren’t they?

11:30pm: Escapism is your reward for the night

With your body and mind feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, it’s time to cozy up with a good book or movie. Whether you prefer getting lost in the pages of a captivating novel or escaping into the world of your favourite film, immersing yourself in a good story is the perfect way to unwind and escape the stresses of the day. Snuggle up under a warm blanket, sip on your hot beverage, and let yourself be transported to another world for a while.

12:00am: You did well. Now burritooooo your way off to sleep

As the evening draws to a close, take a moment to reflect on the day and express gratitude for the simple pleasures in life. Whether it’s the comfort of a soft blanket, or the company of a beloved pet, there is beauty to be found in every moment, even amidst the cold and darkness of winter. Embrace the cosiness of the season and cherish these precious moments of peace and contentment and as you soak in the feeling of gratitude, turn yourself into a burrito under your cosiest blanket, hug your plushie and roll your way into a deep sleep.

In conclusion, a warm and cosy winter night routine is a delightful way to nourish your body, mind, and soul during the colder months. By creating a tranquil atmosphere, indulging in self-care rituals, and enjoying simple pleasures like hot beverages, good books, and comforting food, you can transform your evenings into a sanctuary of comfort and relaxation. So embrace the charm of winter and take the time to savour the cosy moments that make this season so special.

Hopefully we can find it in ourselves to go through the beats of this article in our daily lives so goodnight and sweet dreams!

Sakshi is a student at Ashoka University, studying Politics, Philosophy, and Economics (she wonders why too), and also writes for the Ashoka University part of Her Campus. She headed the editorial team in her school and hence, the library with her laptop and coffee has become her personality. In her free time, she can be found writing poetry, simping over George Orwell's '1984', screaming Taylor Swift songs, and mercilessly defending the fact that pineapple does not belong on pizza and that vegetarians also have ample variety in their food.