ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

8 Gifts you HAVE to send to your Long-Distance Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ashoka chapter.

For many of us, college can mean saying goodbye to your best friend. You tend to see less of one another if you are in different colleges, and even more so if you are in different states or countries. The time zone issues and the different schedules lead to a big disconnect with your bestie! This, however, does not mean that you cannot express your love to them from afar! Here are 8 ways you can show some love to your long distance best friend and remind them that they are always in your thoughts!

1. Matching Sherlock Pillows

If your best friend goes gaga over this show (or the hot men in it) then you know they’re going to love this gift! After all, what is better than going to bed knowing that you’ll always have your partner in crime by your side?

You can get this pillow set from Etsy (shipping available for multiple countries). 

2. Fragrant Incense Stick

Let your best friend breathe in a natural, relaxing fragrance when they enter their room after a tiring day! Incense sticks are a pocket-friendly gift that allows your friend to chill out within the calm confines of their own room. What’s even better is that you can always customize the choice of fragrance to suit your best friend’s preferences!

The incense sticks in the image are the Absolute Rose Incense collection by Pure Perfume Oils. For this and more such fragrant incense packages, click here (worldwide shipping).

3. A DIY Face Mask Kit

Your best friend needs some self-care and no one knows it better than you. Send them a DIY face mask kit and let them re-energize themselves amidst the college chaos. You can, of course, always send them a ready-made face mask kit, but a small, creative DIY project like this one might just be the distraction your best friend needs!

This product shown is the Make Your Own Face Mask Kit by Fruits of the Nut Tree. To purchase it, click here (worldwide shipping).

4. Punny Towels

Does your best friend love to cook? Do they spend 80% of their time in the kitchen/dorm pantry? Or are they fond of puns? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then head on over to this Etsy seller for some creative word play with some of your favourite lyrics, printed on cute flour sack dish towels! Let your best friend remember you every time they’re rummaging around the kitchen, looking for something to snack on!

(Shipping available for multiple countries)

5. An Engraved Brooch

Give your best friend a secret style tip by sending them this vintage metal brooch and letting them customize it with a crazy photo of the two of you. Convenient to wear and a quirky accessory to show off, the brooch will be the #1 friendship trinket for you and your best friend!

You can buy this brooch on Etsy (worldwide shipping available).

6. Quirky Mugs

Is your best friend caring? Remind them of their giving nature with this fun mug and ensure they start off their morning in the best way possible: recollecting all the ways (and times) they have contributed to the well-being of society!

On the other hand, if you want to give your best friend something warm and cosy, try a hand crocheted mug cover! Give them some furry warmth on the cold mornings when they are dreading to go to class.

Get the Orgasm Donor mug (and other designs) here. Get the crocheted covers here.

7. Plush Slippers

D’oh! You almost missed this one! Give your best friend’s feet the time of their life as they slide into this warm covering of Homer’s mouth after a long day!

Too creepy?

Not to worry! Once your best friend’s feet get a hold of these slippers, they’ll never want to let them go. Comfort over everything, right?

Head over to Big Small to get these amazing plush slippers (multiple designs available)! 

8. Comforters

Nothing says home like snuggling up in a warming comforter! Give your best friend an additional bedroom accessory that will help them unwind. The ‘Happiness is…Family comforter’ will brighten up your best friend’s day by reminding them about all the nice things that home (and you) have to offer, and will increase the chances of them coming back sooner!

Grab this happy comforter at Jabong.

If all else fails, the easiest way of showering your long-distance best friend with love is to give them a call! Set up a Skype-date to watch a movie together, or just to catch up. Verbally remind them of how much you miss them and how much they mean to you. There’s nothing they would appreciate more than feeling like they’re a part of your life, just like the good ol’ days.

Edited by: Priyanka Shankar

Freshman @ Ashoka University, India. A determined writer and a passionate dancer.