10 Women Entrepreneurs in India

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ashoka chapter.

“The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.” -Anonymous

1. Aditi Gupta, Founder, Menstrupedia:

Aditi, who belongs to a village in Jharkhand, was not allowed to enter the kitchen, temple, or even bake while she was menstruating. This way of dealing with women on their periods made her quite agitated. She, along with her husband Yuhin Patel, created a Hindi comic book which had illustrations to educate girls about menstruation. From this venture, she started her website: menstrupedia.com.

2. Anisha Singh, Founder and CEO, Mydala:

Anisha worked as an administrator in an MNC and helped women entrepreneurs raise funds. In 2009, she founded Mydala, which is now India’s largest coupon provider. Mydala brings together all one’s daily needs, while providing the most amazing discounts.

3. Gurleen Kaur, CEO, Hareepatti:

Gurleen is the founder and CEO of Hareepatti, which is a firm that advises customers about financial wisdom, short term and long term monetary goals, and even investment solutions. According to her, the three most important things one should do in order to be a good entrepreneur are to believe in oneself, be patient, and be proficient in execution, delegation and team building.

4. Neeru Sharma, Co-Founder, Infibeam:

Neeru is the co-founder and also the head of corporate of one of the largest e-commerce platforms of India: Infibeam. She also acquired a personalised photo printing website called Picquare.

5. Radhika Ghai Aggarwal, Co-Founder and CMO, ShopClues:

Radhika, with her husband, started ShopClues: an e-commerce platform that deals mainly with fashion, lifestyle, gadgets, advertising, and Public Relations. Today this website is one of India’s largest fully managed marketplace websites, with over 8 million visitors every month, from  8000 cities in India.

6. Chitra Gurnani Daga, Co-Founder, Thrillophilia:

Chitra, an alumni of Indian School of Business, started Thrillophilia, an Indian adventure travel company. Thrillophilia helps in curating the best local experiences by presenting handpicked guides and vendors to help expand one’s journey and make a lifetime of memories.

7. Ashwini Asokan, Founder, Mad Street Den:

Ashwini founded Mad Street Den,which is a cloud platform making use of Artificial Intelligence to identify faces and facial expressions with the help of a camera.

8. Richa Kar, Co-Founder and CEO, Zivame:

Richa founded the online lingerie store, Zivame. It is a platform that got its fame by being one of the first web portals which provided lingerie in thousands of styles. The company was started in 2011, in Bangalore. The platform allows women to browse through different sizes and styles, select lingerie according to their needs, and have it delivered to their doorstep.

9. Suchi Mukherjee, Founder and CEO, Limeroad:

Suchi is the founder of Limeroad, an e-commerce platform for the urban woman. This website presents a fun and convenient way to pick out clothes. Limeroad also delivers these clothes to one’s doorstep.

10. Ankita Gaba, Co-Founder, SocialSamosa:

Ankita is an entrepreneur, consultant, and social media strategist. SocialSamosa is a repository of Indian social media thoughts, trends, and news. Ankita has deep knowledge of social media and helps other media agencies to build teams and network their ventures as well.  

Edited by Vidushi Rijuta

A love letter girl in a text message world. Lives in a world of books , dance and love. Believes in the power of dreams and a core literature and history enthusiast.
Hello! I am Aanchal, a second-year psychology major at Ashoka University. I love to travel around places with a small backpack on my shoulders and create new connections whenever possible. Anime is my guilty pleasure. Expressing my feelings through writing calms me down and keeps me at peace.