Zeta Tau Alpha Think Pink Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

October has officially started! With the start of October comes the start of Breast Cancer Awareness month – a month that celebrates the lives of those who have survived and lost the battle to breast cancer. With 1 in every 8 women being affected by breast cancer in their lifetime, breast cancer is a disease that touches a vast number. It is because of these numbers that Zeta Tau Alpha has adopted Breast Cancer Awareness and Education as their national philanthropy, fighting to help find a cure. The Epsilon chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha at the University of Arkansas is working harder than ever to pass that number this year.

This year Zeta Tau Alpha’s philanthropy committee has planned a stacked week full of tournaments, donation booths and of course pink pancakes! Below you can find a schedule of all the events the Zetas have planned, and see how you can contribute to the cause! All of the money raised goes to the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation, which allocates the money back to those affected by breast cancer in Northwest Arkansas.

Monday, October 5 – 

Think Pink Week will kick off with the Knocking Out Breast Cancer bowling tournament. An entry fee of $150 will cover shoes and playing time for an entire team. The tournament will be held at Ozark Lanes and begins at 7 p.m. Whether you are coming to play or coming to watch, be sure to deck yourself out in pink to pink out the bowling alley! To register for the tournament, contact a member of Zeta Tau Alpha for a registration packet.

Tuesday, October 6 – 

During the day, members of Zeta Tau Alpha will be selling Cotton Candy For a Cure. They will be selling cotton candy in exchange for donations from 11-3 in front of the Union. Any amount is appreciated, so be sure to stop by and get some pink cotton candy before class!

Tuesday evening, Zeta has paired up with Zaxby’s for a philanthropy dinner. From 4-8 stop by Zaxby’s and mention you are there for Zeta, and a percentage of your meal will be donated back to the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation!

Wednesday, October 7 –

On Wednesday is the annual Pink Pancake Feed held at the Zeta Tau Alpha house. A $5 ticket will get you all you can eat pancakes, and the best part – the pancakes are actually pink! The feed will be from 11-2 followed by a raffle, so get a ticket from a Zeta or buy one at the door!

Thursday, October 8 –

During the day, Zeta Tau Alpha will be holding Think Pink, Drink Pink booths from 11-3 in front of the Union. They will be selling pink lemonade in exchange for donations, so stop by a booth to get a cold drink for a good cause!

Thursday evening, Zeta has partnered up with Tacos 4 Life for a philanthropy dinner. If you mention Zeta, a percentage of your meal will be donated back to the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation. Tacos and a good cause? – you can’t lose! 

Friday, October 9 –

On Friday Zeta Tau Alpha will be hosting the Not Just Surviving, Thriving charity golf tournament at Stonebridge Meadows Golf Course. The entry fee is $400 per team, and the tournament will begin at 7 a.m. To register to play, contact a member of Zeta Tau Alpha!

The ladies of Zeta Tau Alpha have been working hard to make this week a success, and hope to see you at one of their events during Think Pink Week!

Jordan is from a small town called Coppell, Texas, but has moved to Fayetteville to attend college. She is the Editor-In-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Arkansas. She is a junior at the University of Arkansas, who is majoring in Journalism (with an AD/PR emphasis) and minoring in Communications. Her interests include E! network, everything Kardashians and cats.