Your Dallas Weekend Itinerary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

If you are planning on heading to the DFW area for the 2015 Southwest Classic, you will want an itinerary to make the most out of your weekend. While AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys, is a highlight of Dallas, the city has much more to offer. Check out this itinerary for some ideas!

Sept. 25 – Friday

8 a.m. – 3 p.m. : Drive to Dallas

If you don’t leave Thursday, you’ll want to start heading to Texas by 3 p.m. at the latest. The drive from Fayetteville to Dallas can take 4-6 hours depending on traffic and where you are going in the area. Be sure to get an estimate on your travel time so you can plan when to leave accordingly. You will not want to miss out on what Friday nights in Dallas have to offer!

6-8 p.m. : Dinner

The Dallas area is famous for all kinds of great food. Regardless of where you are staying or what kind of food you like, Dallas has a place for you. Generally you should be able to Google good restaurants near you – however here are a few places that won’t disappoint!

Babe’s Chicken Dinner House – Locations include Arlington, Carrollton, Frisco, Garland, Irving and Dallas – Babe’s Chicken Dinner House is perfect for large groups and southwest chicken lovers. They serve their entrees family style and you’ll likely see the workers do the chicken dance. You can find more information and their menu here!

Twisted Root – Locations include Arlington, Frisco, Carrollton, Plano, Deep Ellum and multiple locations in Dallas – Voted the Best Burger 6 years in a row by the Dallas Observer, Twisted Root is a tasty and fun place to get quality burgers and shakes. When they take your order, they give you a famous name or topic and call you to your food over a speaker. Good burgers, great milkshakes and fries that are to die for – you will not be disappointed! Check out the menu here!

Cantina Laredo – Locations include Addison, Lewisville, Grapevine, Frisco, Fort Worth and multiple locations in Dallas – You do not know good Tex-Mex until you have had it in Dallas. Cantina Laredo is famous for their modern mexican food and impressive drink menu. For more information about their menu and locations, click here!

9 p.m. – 3 a.m. : Uptown Dallas

A huge part of what Dallas has to offer is its nightlife. In Uptown Dallas you will find exciting clubs, superb eating and great shopping. This area is very popular on Friday and Saturday nights with streets full of people having a good time. Whether you ride the bull at Trophy Club or listen to some music at The House of Blues, you are sure to have a great night. If you’re not a fan of the club scene, you can also go to Uptown during the day for shopping, spas and theaters. Check out the Uptown Dallas website for more information!

Sept. 26 – Saturday

9 a.m. – 11 a.m. : Breakfast/Brunch

As if you haven’t heard it enough, Dallas has awesome food. Like, seriously awesome. If the nightlife and shopping is not reason enough to go to Dallas, the food is. You’ll want to get a good meal in you before a busy day in Dallas, so check out some of the area’s best breakfast and brunch restaurants. D Magazine has a list of The 20 Best Breakfasts in Dallas and The Best Brunch Spots in Dallas.

10 a.m. – 2 p.m. : Shopping

The DFW metroplex is famous for its countless shopping opportunities. You can find anything and everything at the numerous shopping malls, outdoor shopping centers and boutiques that surround the area. For the best shopping, visit any of these shopping malls/villages!

The Shops at Park Lane – Location: 8080 Park Lane, Dallas TX

West Village – Location: 3699 Mckinney Ave, Dallas TX

Allen Premium Outlets, A Simon Center – Location: 820 W. Stacy Rd, Allen TX

Galleria Dallas – Location: 13350 Dallas Parkway, Dallas TX

Highland Park Village – Location: 47 Highland Park Village, Dallas TX

NorthPark Center – Location: 8687 N. Central Expressway, Dallas TX

Grapevine Mills – Location: 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy, Grapevine TX

The Shops at Willow Bend – Location: 6121 W Park Blvd, Plano TX

Knox Henderson Shopping Area – Location: Knox Street and Henderson Ave., Dallas TX

3-6 p.m. : Tailgating

With kickoff for the Southwest Classic at 6, you’ll want to head to the stadium early so you have plenty of time to tailgate! AT&T Stadium is huge, with large parking lots and tons of tailgates. Bring some hot dogs and burgers and have a cook-out with thousands of other football fans. While you unfortunately will have to share the lot with some Aggies (gag-em am I right?), you are bound to hear hog calls anywhere you go!

6 p.m. – Southwest Classic Football Game

Finally, game time is here! The University of Arkansas Razorbacks will take on the Texas A&M Aggies at AT&T Stadium, with kickoff at 6 p.m. Keep in mind that stadium food and drinks are expensive – make sure to bring your wallet, ID, and most importantly your ticket. This is bound to be an exciting game between long-time rivals, and now that Johnny Football is gone you are sure to enjoy the game!

Sept. 27 – Sunday

9 a.m. – 12 p.m. : Breakfast/lunch

Did I mention that Dallas has good food? You are going to want to get one last bite before you head home, and you won’t find anything as good as Dallas food on your drive back! If you are an early riser and plan to eat breakfast or lunch then hit the road, check out the list of restaurants under Saturday morning’s itinerary! If you’re not in a hurry, stick around for lunch on Sunday at any of these amazing restaurants!

Campisi’s – Locations include Frisco, Fort Worth, Rockwall, Plano and multiple locations in Dallas

Bread Winner’s Cafe & Bakery – Location: 3301 Mckinney Ave, Dallas TX

Milano’s Pizza – Location: 7659 McCallum Blvd, Dallas TX

Off-site Kitchen – Location: 331 Singleton Blvd, Dallas TX

El Fenix – Location: 1601 Mckinney Ave, Dallas TX

We hope you have a great weekend and safe travels in Dallas, Woo Pig!

Jordan is from a small town called Coppell, Texas, but has moved to Fayetteville to attend college. She is the Editor-In-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Arkansas. She is a junior at the University of Arkansas, who is majoring in Journalism (with an AD/PR emphasis) and minoring in Communications. Her interests include E! network, everything Kardashians and cats.