Sarah Bradley: Greek Life’s Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Sarah Bradley, the brand new president of Zeta Tau Alpha is the definition of involved. Whether she’s coordinating events for all of Greek life, or beginning her new responsibilities of president, Sarah keeps herself busy.

A marketing major who’s getting a double minor in economics and communication, Sarah decided to leave St. Louis, Missouri to become a razorback. After touring eight SEC schools, she quickly found her place in Fayetteville.

“I fell in love with Arkansas,” she said. “Everyone from my high school tends to go to the same colleges, and I wanted to venture out and meet new people.”

And that’s exactly what she did. Sarah made the choice to go through Panhellenic Recruitment because she loved the idea of being involved. She also loved the idea of being part of a sisterhood and having a group of friends she would cherish past college. Sarah quickly found that in Zeta Tau Alpha, and she threw herself in being involved.

Sarah found her place as apart of Greek life as a whole, and her freshman year she was on the Greek Advisory Board with Parice Bowser, the director of Greek life.

“I got to see all the aspects of Greek Life and see the diversity of it,” Sarah said. “Parice helped me grow as a leader in my own chapter and in the Greek community which is why Panhellenic really interested me.”

In addition to being vice-president of community service and philanthropy of Panhellenic, she was co-chair of Zeta’s Think Pink Week and homecoming in Fall 2012. She was also director of Greek Getaway for Greek Life facilitators.

“I think Greek Life is absolutely amazing,” she said. “It has allowed me to meet so many friends who have different backgrounds, and my relationships have taken me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to grow as a person.”

But now, approaching her senior year, Sarah decided to take on the challenge of being president of ZTA. Through her experience in Greek Life and Panhellenic, she feels as though she can bring a fresh perspective to Zeta.

“I want to help it grow and help it reach our goals of being nationally competitive with other Zeta chapters,” she said. “I believe that Zeta will help me become better, and although it’ll be a challenge I know the benefits will be great in the outcome.”

When Sarah isn’t busy with Greek Life or school, she loves to spend time with her family and friends, especially her three cats, Simba, Gemmi, and Mr. Fluff. 

Adventurer. Writer.