Razorback Cheerleaders

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

This week we had to change things up a little. Instead of one Celeb, we’ve picked a group of three! These girls have lead our football team and fans in numerous games and events, while also being a part of sorority Zeta Tau Alpha. It is because of their leadership on and off the field that we decided to make Madelyn, Payton and Cheyanne our Campus Celebs!

Madelyn Gerald:

Madelyn is a sophomore from Cabot, Arkansas, and is cheering for her second year for the Hogs. She is also a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and lives in a five-girl bedroom in the house. On top of all the practice she puts in for cheer she also was involved in sorority recruitment, helped raise awareness for breast cancer during Think Pink Week, and is on the field every Saturday game day! Maddy’s favorite thing about being a Razorback cheerleader is the little girls she meets, “I love taking pictures with them! It’s really cool how they look up to us.”

Payton Mcloud:

Payton is also a sophomore Zeta Tau Alpha. She’s from right here in Fayetteville, Arkansas and has grown up a Razorback fan. She’s been cheering for the Razorbacks since she was a freshman, and has also been very involved in her sorority. Her favorite part about cheering is that seeing all her sisters and friends in the stands cheering her on, “I just think it’s awesome that so many people are supporting me!”

Cheyanne Jester:

Cheyanne is a sophomore from Texarkana, Arkansas. She joined Zeta Tau Alpha as a freshman and has been involved in numerous philanthrophy events throughout her years as a member. She has been cheering on the Razorbacks since she was a freshman and has made many community appearances here in Fayetteville. Cheyanne’s favorite part about being on the Razorback cheer team is that the team has become like her family, “These people have seen the best and worst side of me, and we get to experience every sporting event and appearance together. Not to mention we’re cheering for the best SEC football team in the nation.”

These girls have lead the Razorbacks and their fans in cheering for the greatest team in the nation while also making an impact in their community. Keep up the great works girls and WOO PIG!

Jordan is from a small town called Coppell, Texas, but has moved to Fayetteville to attend college. She is the Editor-In-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Arkansas. She is a junior at the University of Arkansas, who is majoring in Journalism (with an AD/PR emphasis) and minoring in Communications. Her interests include E! network, everything Kardashians and cats.