There is Always Time For a Glass of Wine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

At Armitage Wine Lounge and Café there is almost too many great choices. They offer a little something for everyone, including gourmet sandwiches, burgers, bruschetta boards, and chef plates. However the happy hour wine and starter deals are perfect for college students on a budget.

The restaurant is located in the foothills at the La Encantada mall, and is on the bottom floor underneath Blanco. In stark contrast to the bustling restaurants on the upper level of the mall, Armitage is the perfect place for a nice relaxing evening. The quiet setting features large candles decorating each table, attentive servers, and a quaint patio. Making it an ideal setting for a romantic date or a quiet night out with the girls.

The happy hour specials are phenomenal. There is a specific happy hour menu, with a wide variety of starters and wines, ranging from $4 to $12. I tried a glass of the Riesling, and in the end I really wish my friend and I had split a bottle! Their wine specials apply to both glasses, and bottles, and most of them are totally affordable.

Their starter specials are even better! The spinach and artichoke dip was amazing, and they gave plenty of bread for dipping, which is a pet peeve of mine at restaurants. I also tried their kettle chips, which were only $4 and came with a great Gorgonzola cream sauce. However the next time I go I will be trying the caprese salad and the toasted ravioli.

They also offer specials on martinis during happy hour, and have special deals for different days of the week. On Mondays all purchases are half off when ay food is ordered, and on Tuesdays head over for wine tasting! 

I am a journalism major and business minor. I love the sun, a great book, and gossip girl. I travel whenever I can, and I love trying new and interesting food!