Style

The Ten Grad Cap Ideas Perfect for You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Decorating our graduation caps gives us a chance to represent themselves on our important day of graduating college. Whether we want to show off our favorite references or interests or even thank our parents for their support, there are so many ways we can decorate our caps and make sure our personality is shining through. Here are the ten grad cap ideas perfect for you to inspire you to find the ideal way to decorate and personalize your cap:

GIVE A REFERENCE

A famous quote from one of your favorite TV shows or movies is a perfect idea for a grad cap. There are so many ways you can take this, from your favorite childhood TV show or your favorite movie that has motivated you to work towards this triumphant moment. Show off some of your personality while creating your character on your cap.

INSPIRE OTHERS THROUGH INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES

Quotes are cherished and are a popular for decorating your grad caps. An inspirational quote that has helped you get to this moment– finally graduating after countless hours of studying– will highlight the power the quote held for you. Graduation is your day and showcasing things that have gotten you towards to this day is essential.

MENTION YOUR FUTURE CAREER

College is the studying and the work you pay for so, in the end, people pay you. Mentioning your future career will tell everyone you didn’t just work your little booty off for nothing, you pushed yourself to graduate so you can have the job of your choice. Whether you decide to make your grad cap inspired by your future as a teacher or your future as a scientist, you will be telling everyone you may be leaving here, but at least you know where you’re going next.

SHOUTOUT TO YOUR FRIENDS

Having friends in college is essential. They are the ones we got through in bad times and the ones who love to celebrate the good times with. Shout out to them by decorating your grad cap with pictures of you and them. It will be a grad cap like no other!

THANK YOUR PARENTS

I couldn’t have gotten to graduation without my parents. Through the endless financial and emotional support, I have been able to continue putting in the work to get to the day that is shortly going to be here—graduation. I know there are people like me who wouldn’t be able to be here without their parents, so why not give them some extra love and remember that this may be a victorious day for them too.

SHOWCASE YOUR SCHOOL

Graduating from University is crazy. For some of us, we just finished the last year where we can enjoy being students without the stress of a full time/ part-time job. Our school is what made our adventure at college unforgettable. Try showcasing your school and yo4ur favorite parts of it in your college grad cap. You’ll be able to bring out the most memorable spots and things that will have others feeling those feels. 

HINT AT YOUR FUTURE ADVENTURE

No one knows where after graduation may lead them. They might have plans, but as we have all learned at one point or another, sometimes our plans don’t work out as planned. But the good thing about not knowing where your future adventure will lead you is that there are so many endlessly possibilities. Even if you don‘t know what you’re doing next, you may already know that the world is your oyster, hint at that knowledge through your grad cap.

HIGHLIGHT YOUR HISTORY AND YOUR SUCCESS

Everyone has had challenging moments in their life; even some moments in college is like a big slap with your biggest textbook. We have come so far, and we are sure going to continue moving forward. Decorate your grad cap inspired by the journey you have made with hopes you can continue living that way.

SHOW OFF YOUR INTERESTS

Whether you are in love with dogs, dancing or whatever else you love, show it off through your grad cap. Through the act of decorating our grad caps, students can show off who we are as people, and interests are a straightforward and great way to show off who we are. Want to say that you graduated from college for your dog? Do it! People will probably be able to relate.

DISH HOW YOU ACTUALLY SPENT YOUR COLLEGE NIGHTS

I spent at least some of my college nights, surrounded by friends as we drink our stresses away, and I expect that to be no different for some. Why not take a comical take on how we’ve spent most of the college nights and dish it out on your grad cap? It will at least make people smile when they relate to their fun nights.

Dayne DiSesa

Arizona '19

Dayne DiSesa is a senior at the University of Arizona. She is double majoring in Gender and Women Studies and Creative Writing, and working on fulfilling her life long dream of becoming a social worker. Dayne is a proud owner of two guinea pigs (Buritos and Dorritios), 20 dreamcatchers, and a car she named after Betty White. You can follow her on instagram: @sunflowersanddaynishes.