Tailgating refreshments to show Wildcat pride

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

It’s that time of year again!

Football season is here, and you know what that means… tailgating! Although many tailgates here at the UA feature beer bongs and drunken frat boys, sometimes it’s fun to keep things a little bit classier. Here are two fun drink recipes that guarantee a fun and memorable tailgating event. 

Red White and Blue Spritzers

These drinks look awesome; however make sure you follow the directions carefully for the perfect layering effect.

Ingredients:

Diet 7-Up or Diet Sprite

Blue Gatorade (Not G2, but regular Gatorade)

Cranberry Juice Cocktail

Note, Substitutions do not work

Directions:

1. Fill glasses with ice.

2. Pour a layer of Cranberry Juice Cocktail first, and then follow by slowly pouring Gatorade over the ice to help keep it from mixing. Top by slowly pouring diet 7-up or sprite on top.

3. Serve!

http://www.southernplate.com/2013/06/red-white-and-blue-spritzers.html

Blueberry Mojito

Although this drink takes a little more preparation, it is well worth the work. Blueberry mojitos are perfect for hot Arizona days.

Ingredients:

1 cup fresh blueberries (plus extra for garnish)

4 oz clear rum

10 fresh mint leaves

2 teaspoons sugar

juice of 2 limes

6 oz club soda

ice

Directions:

1. In a food processor or blender, puree blueberries until smooth. Set aside.

2. Add mint leaves and sugar to a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler (or the end of a wooden spoon) to muddle the mint and sugar. Add the lime juice, rum and pureed blueberries: shake vigorously.

3. Pour ice and club soda into two tall glasses and then pour in rum mixture. Gently stir. Garnish with a lime wedge, extra blueberries and a sprig of mint.

4. Serve immediately.

http://goodideasforyou.com/mix-a-match/3120-blueberry-mojito.html

Switch it up a little this year, and try one of these fabulous drinks! They are absolutely delicious, and more importantly they are a classy and fun way to show off your wildcat pride.

I am a journalism major and business minor. I love the sun, a great book, and gossip girl. I travel whenever I can, and I love trying new and interesting food!