sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Simple Ways to Get in the Halloween Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

With pumpkin spice lattes back on the menu at Starbucks menu, and cooler evenings requiring a sweatshirt, we can all feel Halloween quickly approaching with fall in full gear. If you live in a city like Tucson where the weather doesn’t change drastically and the leaves aren’t changing color yet, sometimes it’s difficult to get into the fall and Halloween mindset. Here are some simple ways to start getting excited for Halloween!

1. Decorate your dorm room! The easiest way to get into the spooky spirit is to deck your room out in Halloween decor! Grab some glittery pumpkins and some ghoulish candy and ready your room up for some scary good fun.

2. Watch scary movies! The best and most effective way to get yourself extra pumped for Halloween is to watch the classic Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus! Grab your discounted favorites at your local Target and have a scary movie marathon with your best buds!

3. Make some scary treats! Pinterest always has some great recipes for some easy but very yummy seasonal treats. So grab a buddy or two and have a Halloween themed baking party!

4. Go costume shopping! Halloween is always fun because it’s the one night you can be someone completely different! If you’re anything like me, you’ll need to purchase a costume because you were born with no crafty skills whatsoever. Costume shopping can also be great for getting into the ghostly spirit of Halloween.

Living in the desert doesn’t allow us to necessarily reap the rewards of a beautiful fall, but we can still get into the spooky spirit!