This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

With summer officially starting next week, our lives won’t be consumed as much as it usually is. We won’t have a pile of papers or exams to study for, so the next logical choice should be staying in our beds and enjoying Netflix. Here are the seven Netflix movies airing this summer you don’t want to miss:

KNOCK DOWN THE HOUSE: MAY 1ST

I am a massive lover of hearing empowering stories of inspiring women, and this movie is perfect for that. This movie follows four women as they share their experiences as women in politics. I am not personally a massive fan of documentaries, but I have an idea that I will enjoy watching this movie and will learn a lot about these amazing women.

THE LAST SUMMER: MAY 3RD

Love watching movies about relatable summer topics while hiding away from a brutally hot summer day? Then be sure to watch this movie about four friends explore their last summer before heading off the college. The love, heartache, and tales of friendship will have you feeling the feels.

DEAD TO ME: MAY 3RD

Unlikely friendships are the best type; they bring connections and wild time. This movie tells the story of two strangers connecting over the death of their loved ones. While watching the trailer, I didn’t know where it would take me, but it took me to crazy, and I love watching my fair share of drama. So, if you are like me, be sure to watch this movie on Netflix.

WINE COUNTRY: MAY 10TH

Despite this movie’s basic plot premise of a girl’s trip, I am looking forward to watching this movie this summer. Probably will be enjoying my bottle of wine as I enjoy watching some of my favorite stars do the same. Next stop, Wine Country!

GOOD SAM: MAY 16TH

Sometimes life can get so challenging; we forget that there is good out there. Even though this movie gives me the same vibe of the corny Christmas movies made by Netflix, I do like the concept of reminding people that there is good and there is hope. Good same might be lower on the summer movie bucket list for me, but at least it is still on it.

SEE YOU YESTERDAY: MAY 17TH

This trailer honestly gave me chills while I watched it. Takes discussing the real concepts of police brutality and racism excitingly. I am happy that more movies are being made that address essential topics entertainingly. We all need to be more aware of what goes on in life, and this movie has a unique approach in doing just so.

MURDER MYSTERY: JUNE 14TH

Murder Mystery reunited Adam Sandler with Jennifer Aniston for yet another movie. Even though the plot premise is pretty unoriginal, an action movie about a boring married couple that finds themselves amid a sticky situation, I might still watch it. I mean, can’t miss a chance to make the perfect meme about the pedo-stache Adam Sandler has in this movie.

Dayne DiSesa

Arizona '19

Dayne DiSesa is a senior at the University of Arizona. She is double majoring in Gender and Women Studies and Creative Writing, and working on fulfilling her life long dream of becoming a social worker. Dayne is a proud owner of two guinea pigs (Buritos and Dorritios), 20 dreamcatchers, and a car she named after Betty White. You can follow her on instagram: @sunflowersanddaynishes.