San Diego Zoo Visits Arizona’s Student Media Channel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

San Diego Zoo ambassadors and zookeeper Rick Schwartz visited the student-run television channel UATV3 Thursday and showed off some of the kangaroos, birds and other animals that will be featured in their new Australian Outback exhibit.

Wildcast and Wildcast Late Edition hosts talked to Schwartz about the upcoming exhibit and interacted with animals on camera. The segment aired live at 2:30 Thursday and is to air again on Monday’s episode.

Scheduled to open May 24, zookeepers have been advertising the exhibit’s grand opening by touring the southwest making appearances on television stations and holding a contest for people to win a trip to visit the zoo’s grand opening.

The exhibit will feature seven different marsupials and 25 bird species. To learn more about the animals and the exhibit, tune in to UATV3 at 7 and 8 p.m. Monday.

Mo is a 21-year-old journalist/video-blogger from Honolulu, Hawaii. She is currently a senior at the Univeristy of Arizona's Journalism School and is interested in youtube, journalism, beauty, Harry Potter and more. To learn more about Mo visit her website at www.mothejournalist.com