This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Dear U of A,

I LOL’d so hard when I found out there is actually a name for what I am about to rant to you all, my lovely readers, about.  Let’s talk about skirts worn over pants; or in other words, Skants.
Apparently some girls think it is trendy to add extra layers and bulk to an otherwise fine outfit.  I am sorry, but when did a classic jean and a tank top become tired? If you want to add individualism or flare to an outfit, there is a whole world of accessories out there for you.  What ever happened to statement necklaces, belts, and what about shoes!? Must you really add a whole other article of clothing to feel satisfied when you look in the mirror? 
If skirts are ok to wear over jeans, where will it stop? Shorts over jeans? Capris over jeans? What about leggings over jeans? I can picture it now….Sexy. -___-
If you ask me, I think it is just an excuse for girls to not have to shave their legs in the spring.  That is the only possible reason I can think of why someone would do this.
Did you know it makes you look bigger?  If you want to layer, layer jackets, or scarves, or even legwarmers.
Ladies! Now would be the time to shave and do the pants off dance off.
In other words, take off the jeans.  If I see ANY Skants this Spring I cannot be held accountable for my actions.  AKA, you’re going down.

Love,

Haylie Gabs 

My name is Jessica Cooper and in the Fall I will be a Senior at the University of Arizona. I am majoring in journalism with a dual minor in history and judaic studies. My focus is in both print and online journalism. I have loved being a part of the Her Campus team for the last semester and am so excited to be the campus correspondant for the 2011-2012 year.