A Rant on Furry Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Dear U of A,

Remember Ferbies? How could you not remember the brightly colored furry balls of fun that decorated our childhood in the 90’s? (Seriously, what specie of animal is that thing? Hamster?)
Now picture that furry little creature as a shoe.  Attractive, no? Well, shoe consumers seem to think so.  And so do some of you guys it seems.
Last week, during my daily walk to Harvill, I came across a pair of boots so utterly furry and orange that I found myself wondering how many Muppets had to die in order to make those things. 
Girls, I can deal with fur-trimmed boots, I can deal with a furry jacket, and I can even deal with furry hats.  But when I see boots so fully covered in hair that it looks like you spread glue on your shoes and rolled around the floor of a hair cuttery, this is when I start to think that all the booze you guys uh…aren’t (wink, wink) consuming on the weekends is beginning to mess with your head.
I just don’t like these shoes.  Not only that, but I just don’t understand them either.  Is it the weather forcing you to don such hairy beasts? No…it can’t be, because even in the depths of Tucson winter it is not cold enough to have to wear such things.  And even if it were, it is not like the hair on the outside is protecting you from the cold, and I am too afraid to touch a pair of them to look at what is lining the inside.  (Hey, can you blame me? Who knows what kinds of lice like bugs are crawling around in that furry forest.)?
Maybe I just don’t get it. Will someone please explain this fluffy footwear to me? Or better yet, just toss ‘em.

Much Appreciated,
Haylie Gabs 

My name is Jessica Cooper and in the Fall I will be a Senior at the University of Arizona. I am majoring in journalism with a dual minor in history and judaic studies. My focus is in both print and online journalism. I have loved being a part of the Her Campus team for the last semester and am so excited to be the campus correspondant for the 2011-2012 year.