This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Name: Lucette Peralta

Year: Freshman

Major: Pre-Business

Hometown: El Paso, Texas

Why did you choose the UA: It’s the best school in the Southwest and the best university closest to my hometown.

Starbucks order: Green Tea Frappuccino with Whipped Cream and Soy Milk

Favorite animal: Otters, because they have so many quirky attributes that make them adorable. For example, they have a favorite rock. And they have to fluff their babies so they float. And they hold hands when they sleep so they don’t float away from each other, it’s the cutest thing ever.

Most interesting decoration in your room: My fake cats. I have 12 or 13 or 14 pictures of cats since we can’t have pets in the dorms, and I’ve named them all. I think Fluff Daddy is pretty creative. And I have twin cats named Weeble and Wobble. They’re my second favorites.

What’s something unique about you: I play the violin and I enjoy dyeing my hair eccentric colors.

How do you live sustainably: I try to reduce the amount of energy I use in any way and educate myself about technologies that we could possibly use in the future. I recycle and I try to get things secondhand or from a brand I know uses sustainable practices. 

Hi, I'm Taylor! I'm a junior at the UA studying journalism and Spanish. My favorite hobbies are sleeping, writing, and drinking coffee!