Perfect Swimsuits for Your Body Shape

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Choosing the perfect swimsuit to flatter your body can be really tough, especially with the pressure of spring break being just around the corner. One thing to remember is most swimsuits do not suit every body type, so do not feel discouraged if a particular style does not look so great on you. Stay positive! The perfect swimsuit is out there, but first you have to figure out what body type you are and which swimsuit fits accordingly.

Curvy

If you’re curvy make sure to select styles that have tops with support. Do not be afraid to choose a bigger sized top. A bustier top will create a sexy feel with providing enough support.

Small top

If you have a small top choose swimsuit tops with underwire and padding. This style is cute and gives you a major push-up. Many of these styles can help create the illusion of being one cup size bigger.

Plus-size

If you’re plus size, one piece swimsuits can work great. One piece swimsuits can still be majorly cute and fun. This bright colored swimsuits suits well on any skin tone and the lower half of it works well to hide a tummy.

Petite

If you’re petite, choose swimsuits with embellishment. The embellishment is not only a cute touch to any swimsuit, but it creates major curves. Sparkles and prints are an excellent touch on petite body types without looking over the top.

Straight Up and Down

If you are straight up and down, fun patterns are a must. Patterns look fabulous on this body type because it helps you look curvy. Do not fear patterns! Also, a style bandeau top looks great on smaller chests and side ties on the bottoms create the illusion of curvy hips.

Busty

If you are busty, choose halter swimsuit tops. Halter tops give excellent support and look really cute. Remember to select tops that allow you to remove the cups, so you can  control the amount of cleavage you want to reveal.

Sophomore at the University of Arizona Major: Journalism Minor: Spanish