The One and Only DJ Flash

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Name: Ellery Gordon
Hometown: Calabasas, Calif.
Year: Sophomore
Major: Biology

After transferring to the UA this past year, Ellery has already made a name for himself. His shows, parties and events  have blown Tucson nightlife to a whole new level.

HC: How long have you been a DJ?
Ellery: I’ve been DJ-ing for the past two years or so. It was sort of something I picked up and I really enjoyed it. I began collecting DJ equipment and after making some money I built up my set. Now I’ve started doing larger shows and hope to work many more.

HC: What kind of equipment do you use?
Ellery: CDJ 1000, MK 3’s and  DJ M-800 Mixer is all that I mainly use, I hope to keep expanding my collection though. They are all Pioneer brand.

HC: How many shows have you done?
Ellery: I’d say around 30 shows or so. Some of the bigger shows I’ve done here in Tucson have been the Halloween party at Zen Rock, Brochella (for the fraternity Sigma Chi), Dead Day Eve at Sapphire on Congress, and a few shows for different houses in Greek life.

HC: Do you DJ for fun or is that a possible profession?
Ellery: As of right now it’s just a hobby, I really enjoy it, I guess we’ll see how it goes and if it takes me somewhere. Right now though I don’t see it becoming a career.

It’s the end of the year, throwing any parties?
Be sure to hit up DJ Flash on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Flash/116552308595 and book him for your next big night. 

My name is Jessica Cooper and in the Fall I will be a Senior at the University of Arizona. I am majoring in journalism with a dual minor in history and judaic studies. My focus is in both print and online journalism. I have loved being a part of the Her Campus team for the last semester and am so excited to be the campus correspondant for the 2011-2012 year.
Yael Schusterman is a journalism senior at the University of Arizona. She has freelanced for half a dozen publications and is ready to transition from a print to an online focus. She maintains a permanent residence in New Jersey and her goal is to live in Manhattan. The AP wire has picked up one of her stories, "Theft at gallery yields sale to help artists," as member enterprise while working for The Arizona Daily Star in Tucson. She looks forward to working with the Her Campus Team and spreading awareness on the UA campus.