Morgan White’s Dream To Be A Stylist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Morgan White walks into a room and commands attention. However it’s not her size, (she is only 5’1”) or her outrageous personality that immediately draws interest, it’s her flawless style. And considering she is well on her way to becoming a professional stylist, it is no wonder people are in awe of her bold fashion taste.

Morgan earned her Arizona board of cosmetology license in high school, and is now a retail major at the UA, with the ultimate dream of becoming a “total look” stylist for high profile models and celebrities. She has pulled looks for models at local photo shoots, has regular clients for hair and eyelash extensions, and has styled hair, makeup, and various looks for campus events.

Name: Morgan White

Age: 21

Hometown: Phoenix, Ariz.

Major: Retailing and Consumer Science

Year: Junior

What have you done to pursue your dream of becoming a professional stylist?

Well I earned my cosmetology license in high school, where I styled “total looks,” which is what I want to do, for fashion shows and events at school. A “total look” includes hair makeup, and clothes. And last summer I was an intern at Prova Salon in Paradise Valley, so I really know hair. I have regulars for hair now that won’t go to anyone else. I also have advanced training in hair extensions and recently learned eyelash extensions, which I love. I pulled looks for a model in a Pink Mafia Night Club photo shoot a few years ago, and I style hair and makeup all the time for campus events.

What sets you apart?

I mean I love fashion, and I have very specific dreams. I know exactly what I want and I am doing everything I can to expand my skills. I do hair, eyelashes, makeup, styles, everything. You don’t need to hire tons of different people, all you need is me. I am down for everything, and I don’t mind being behind the scenes. I really know the hair aspect of fashion, which is very important. I know which hairstyle looks best with an outfit, because you can’t wear your hair down with everything.

Who/what inspires your style choices?

I like little things from everyone. I love badass Rihanna and southern bell florals. Shout out to Rhi Rhi at the Grammys, I loved that red dress. I am a huge fan of stylist Rachel Zoe. And designer-wise I like a mix of BCBG Max Azria, Rachel Roy, and some Free People on the side.

What is your process when you put together a total look?

I am not one of those people who try on a million things. I know what I want to wear, I just think about it in my head, and its done, that’s what I wear. I pick one thing out in my closet, and that one piece is instantly in total look form, with hair, makeup, everything. How I feel determines my look. If I am feeling sporty, I’ll throw on some cute white velour shorts (think Scottsdale mom) and rock that. It is just all about my mood.

What are some of your favorite styles/pieces at the moment?

I am obsessed with my new Louis Vuitton purse, its perfect for everything. And I love my 75th anniversary limited edition ambermatic shooter Ray Bans. As far as trends go, I am really into white and black right now. I like to wear like an all black outfit with white shoes and necklace with a touch of white. In high school I was really into rings, I had so many of them, but right now I love chunky necklaces. Except I am starting to feel bad, like I am cheating on my rings!

I am a journalism major and business minor. I love the sun, a great book, and gossip girl. I travel whenever I can, and I love trying new and interesting food!