This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Groups such as Pentatonix and Straight No Chaser have brought A capella to the the forefront of today’s music scene. Little did you know, the UofA has its own acclaimed a capella group, slowly rising to stardom. The group is an all male ensemble called Catcall. The gentlemen of Catcall came in first place at the SouthWest Quarter Final of the International Competition of Collegiate A capella in 2015 and have continued to book gigs around Tucson as well as release an album. Daniel Corrales, a member of Catcall, sat down to talk about the album and the process of producing it. “The album is a celebration of our music from the last three to five years and we wanted to record these songs to show our families, years from now, what we did in college” (Corrales). The songs on this album are all arranged by members of the group such as a mashup of Love on Top by Beyonce and I Want You Back by the Jackson Five, which Daniel claims to be his favorite on the album. The songs are mostly pop but Catcall prides themselves on incorporating jazzy chords to add flavor. The album was created and produced by the members of the ensemble as well. “Over spring break, the boys camped out at our buddies house who had a recording studio. We had a guy fly in from Los Angeles who recorded us individually, which took about five days, and then the long process of editing began” (Corrales). The album is currently available on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Itunes, and Google Play. If you’re in the mood to listen to sixteen, beautiful men’s voices serenade you, check out Meow Mix!