“Let’s Get Ready to Rumble!”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Flashing lights, thousands of fans, and boxing gloves on. This can only mean one thing: it is going to be a fight night tonight!
            As Manny Pacquiao prepares to fight Juan Manual Marquez tonight in Las Vegas, Nev., the Filipino American Student Association (FASA) is also getting ready to rumble. As a club, members of FASA have decided to have a social dedicated solely to watching the exciting events of the Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight. With food, friends, and boxing, what more can you ask for right?
            With a growing number of fans, Pacquiao has grown to be a crowd favorite and the expected champion of tonight’s fight.
            “Manny Pacquiao is one of the greatest fighters to have ever step in the ring,” said Vincent Zapanta-Dispo. “He is definitely a crowd favorite for a reason.”
            Many FASA members believe that Pacquiao is a shoe-in to win tonight not just because of his natural talent, but also with the guidance of his coach, Freddie Roach.
            “I think Pacquiao is an excellent fighter as he is,” said Steven Giang. “However, having an awesome coach like Freddie Roach has definitely improved Pacquiao’s skills as a boxer.”
            Although many members are excited to witness the outcome of tonight’s fight, many others are just happy to spend some quality time relaxing with friends.
            “I’m not a huge fan of boxing, but I would not mind watching the fight with all my friends,” said Alina Galindo. “It is a great way to have fun and relax with other FASA members.”
            Whether you want enjoy the fight, spend time with friends, or both, FASA can guarantee you a great time with boxing and good company as anyone and everyone is welcome to this social!

My name is Jessica Cooper and in the Fall I will be a Senior at the University of Arizona. I am majoring in journalism with a dual minor in history and judaic studies. My focus is in both print and online journalism. I have loved being a part of the Her Campus team for the last semester and am so excited to be the campus correspondant for the 2011-2012 year.