The Krazee Chef Lives Up To Its Name

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

When I walked into the restaurant, The Krazee Chef, and saw burgers, pizza and burritos on the menu, I debated walking right back out. However I ended up being pleasantly surprised, and found that although the idea of mixing so many cuisines together is a little crazy, this restaurant has great food, service and prices.

Furthermore, I loved that this establishment is currently BYOB! It is located at 1012 E. 6th Street right by the UA, and there is a liquor store next door, making it the perfect set-up. My friend went there and bought us a six-pack, which we drank in chilled beer mugs our server promptly offered us. How cool is that? 

Back to the main event, Owner and Chef Daniel Ortiz described the cuisine as classic American with a kick of southwestern spice. My friend and I split a pepperoni pizza with a side of waffle fries, (super healthy) and a salad. The fries were excellent, and I loved their southwestern spice Ortiz described. However although everything we ordered was good, after seeing other people’s food, we realized we should have ordered a burger. Because they looked absolutely amazing! And according to Ortiz, they are the restaurant’s best sellers. “We have 8 ounce homemade burgers, that have been compared to Zin Burger,” Ortiz said. “One of our famous burgers is the chorizo burger.”

In addition to the amazing food and service, the prices at The Krazee Chef are actually very reasonable. Everything we ordered was under fifteen dollars, and the restaurant offered a ten percent discount to students. And to top it all off they gave out punch cards that award a 6th meal free!

And I just might get that discount. Because even though this wouldn’t be my first choice for a romantic date, The Krazee Chef is a unique dining experience that has a little something for everyone, and it’s crazy how much I liked it.

I am a journalism major and business minor. I love the sun, a great book, and gossip girl. I travel whenever I can, and I love trying new and interesting food!