Jump Start Your Spring Break Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

The countdown to Spring Break is ticking away and soon it will be time to celebrate the wanton freedom of vacation.  So clear your playlists of all tunes instrumental and study-related and crank the jams that were made for un-inhibited spring days.

Last Chance (featuring Natasha Bedingfield)- Nicki Minaj
What do you get when you mix a pocketful of sunshine and the rhymes of Nicki Minaj? An unlikely collaboration between Natasha Bedingfield and Minaj that produces a track that pits Minaj’s quasi-tough girl lyrics with the sunny vocals and feminine flair of Bedingfield. Perfect for cruising with the windows down and your girls in the back.

Move Slow (featuring Chris Young The Rapper)- Rossy
 If you’ve yet to read HC Arizona’s post on Alex Rossman, perhaps this little ditty will give you the incentive. This song conjures up images of sun drenched beaches and sunsets with it’s Jason Mraz-like qualities.

One Week- Barenaked Ladies
One week. The precious amount of freedom we have. Coincidentally a classic 90’s song best enjoyed while singing loudly and off key.

Give Me Everything (featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer)- Pitbull
 Does anyone know why Pitbull has to shout “dalé” in every single? No. Does anyone question it? No. Why? Because they’re too busy bumping and grinding to care.

C’mon (Catch ‘Em By Surprise)- Tiësto vs. Diplo featuring Busta Rhymes
Tiësto has saved the Netherland’s from being the country gave the world the wooden clog. Instead we can thank them for one of the patriarchs of electro music and fantastic remixes.

Hello- Martin Solveig & Dragonette
“I think your cute but really you should know,
I just came to say hello. “ “Hello” is an ode to the excitement of harmless flirtation. Don’t expect to hear any angst or emotional distress in Martina Sorbara’s sugary sweet vocals.

Set Fire to Rain- Adele
 Adele’s sophomore album is filled with the heart and soul many have come to expect from the London-born singer. “Set Fire to Rain” is perfect for lazy afternoons and extended stays at Starbucks.

Can’t Stop Partying- Weezer
Another unlikely medley of artists, this time classic alternative band Weezer and everyone’s favorite Cash Money Record’s rapper, Lil Wayne. Whether Weezer’s intentions were to be ironic or trendy is debatable. The irrefutable fact is that the song is catchy and bound to stick in your brain. Hopefully its lyrics can edge out some of those pesky history dates that were memorized for midterms.

Kiss With a Fist- Florence + The Machine
Florence + The Machine earned Grammy nomination for Best New Artist and is continuing proof that the British invasion is reviving in the realm of female artists. Though her voice and lyrics can be haunting, Florence Welch says on her band website that at its core, “Everything is about boys!” And what Collegiettetmcan’t relate to that?

Yael Schusterman is a journalism senior at the University of Arizona. She has freelanced for half a dozen publications and is ready to transition from a print to an online focus. She maintains a permanent residence in New Jersey and her goal is to live in Manhattan. The AP wire has picked up one of her stories, "Theft at gallery yields sale to help artists," as member enterprise while working for The Arizona Daily Star in Tucson. She looks forward to working with the Her Campus Team and spreading awareness on the UA campus.