This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

It is University of Arizona’s 101 homecoming week and you know what that means – lots of bearing down. New to the U of A or simply wondering how we so call “bear down” for homecoming? Look no further – I will unveil all the events going on around campus that you either didn’t know about or were too excited for you couldn’t even sleep!

Let’s start with the Lighting of ‘A’ Mountain that happened Sunday, October 18th, to kick off the week. This is one of U of A’s oldest yet fondest traditions. What better way to start off our week of spirit, and lets be honest…who doesn’t like a little fire?

This year in order to honor the 50 years that have passed since the graduation of the class of 1965, a reunion will be held with all sorts of fun events hosted throughout the week. If you have any relatives or know any alumni don’t let them miss out! What a perfect way to rekindle old friendships (or even some romances…).

Friday, October 23rd, was the annual Homecoming Barbecue Bash! This is the perfect event to get everyone pumped up and ready to cheer on our team during the football game. With raffle prizes, a live DJ and all the food you can imagine, it is an event you surely wouldn’t want to miss.

Following the barbecue is the bonfire and pep rally! Who wouldn’t want to join Wilbur and Wilma T. Wildcat for some school spirited fun? In addition, it is tradition that the crowning of the 2015 Homecoming king and queen takes place.

Last but certainly not least is GAME DAY! From 8:00am-1:00pm anyone is welcome to gather on the mall for the Wildcat for Life Tailgate Party. This is a free event that offers amazing food, a photo booth, entertainment and more! This is the perfect place to go before heading to the football game or cozying up on your couch to watch it with friends or family.