This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Happy hour has to be one of the best inventions ever. As a college kid on a budget, a designated time period for cheap food and drinks is like a dream come true. And Zona 78 has one of the best happy hours around.

The Zona 78 happy hour is from 3 to 6 every Monday though Saturday, and features half off appetizers and well drinks, along with specials on wine and beer. They serve Italian cuisine, and their half off appetizers include bruschetta, flatbread, calamari, and a few other Italian favorites.

I tried one of their most popular drink specials, the Laguna Beach. It was fantastic, and only $4 during happy hour. It was made with pineapple juice, rum, peach schnapps, triple sec, cranberry, and Tucson Prickly Pear Syrup. However the next time I go I will definitely be trying their blueberry basil mojito.

As far as the food goes, the appetizers my friends and I ordered were excellent. However I do wish they had a little bigger selection. I ordered the prosciutto, brie and apple flatbread, and split the wood fired garlic bread with the table, which was to die for! And the best part is that my drink and those two appetizers were only $12.50 total! One of my friends didn’t fair so well, and ordered a chicken Cesar salad, not on the happy hour menu, and her meal and drink were a little over $18.

Although it’s two locations at 78 W. River Rd. and 7301 E. Tanque Verde Rd. are a little bit of a drive from campus, I would definitely suggest Zona 78’s happy hour. I think it’s a great chance to branch away from Sauce and In-N-Out for a night, and try quality Italian cuisine on a budget.

I am a journalism major and business minor. I love the sun, a great book, and gossip girl. I travel whenever I can, and I love trying new and interesting food!