This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Craft Craze   

So over the summer I decided to get a little crafty. Although some of my creations didn’t quite go as planned, (such as my attempt at homemade Shellac), I had a few success stories as well. My favorite craft I attempted was fake flower cardboard letters I found on Pinterest. They were so easy, and turned out super cute! They are definitely the perfect addition to my new apartment, and I promise that with a little patience, these crafts will be an easy and fun way to spice up your new space too!

Fake Flower Letters

You can find all of these supplies at Jo-Anne Fabric. Make sure you print off a coupon from their website before you go in!

What you will need:

Cardboard letters of your choice

Fake flowers of your favorite colors

Styrofoam (the kind that is used specially to arrange fake flowers)

In the example I saw people used a glue gun, however my letters didn’t need it.

First, cut out only the front side of the letters and place the Styrofoam in its place. Make sure the Styrofoam isn’t sticking out of the letters. Then, stick the stems of the flowers into the Styrofoam, arranging them as you please. You don’t need to push the flowers in with too much force, but deep enough so they will stay in place.

Make sure the Styrofoam isn’t sticking out of the letters. I made this mistake, and I had t go back and redo it so my letters were more defined.

Voila! You have a super cute decoration for your room, and you get to feel awesome for being so DIY crafty!

I am a journalism major and business minor. I love the sun, a great book, and gossip girl. I travel whenever I can, and I love trying new and interesting food!