Blog Round Up: Part II

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Fashion blogs are great and all, but the blog selection continues when the seam ends. The Internet offers an endless array of blogs ranging from “Feminist Ryan Gosling” to “Politico” (both of equal importance).

xoJane
The Rockstar Diaries– The old saying, “there is no such thing as perfect” is a lie and readers will realize that upon reading The Rockstar Diaries. Blogger Taza went to Juillard, met her husband at Columbia, lives in DC, has killer style and an adorable babydoll. Simply a documentation of her day to day life, this blog makes everyone seem insufficient (in the best way possible). Think of this as inspiration to live a fuller, cuter, better dressed life.
Design*Sponge-More than just pictures of pretty rooms, this blog combines how tos with before and afters and even city guides. Grace Bonney started this little project in 2004 and has not stopped updating (up to 8 times per day!) since. Definitely one of the best ways to waste/kill time and start designing your dream home.
Hello Giggles– The most important thing about Hello Giggles is that it was started by indie poster child Zooey Deschanel, producer Sophia Rossi and blogger Molly McAleer.  This site is the internet mecca for the ladies. Readers can choose from reading about entertainment, food, beauty, design, reviews, and the list continues. Hello Giggles is different from the rest because it allows readers and bloggers to rant, tell personal stories and give advice. Boys can join in on the fun too, just do not expect to see anything remotely relating to sports.
Food52– The Holy Grail of food blogs. Food 52 allows people from around the world to exchange recipes and ideas. Most importantly, this blog creates a forum to talk about food. Food 52 is not just for well-seasoned chefs, even those who only know how to microwave are welcome to gawk at the food porn.
Newspaper Blackout– Originally a book, this blog is a collection of poems created with newspapers and black marker. Artist Austin Kleon uses marker to black out sections of the paper and create poems. Post Secret fans rejoice, readers are encouraged to participate and try it out themselves, then post their poems on the website. Like most blogs, this one is addicting so set aside a chunk of time to read. 

My name is Jessica Cooper and in the Fall I will be a Senior at the University of Arizona. I am majoring in journalism with a dual minor in history and judaic studies. My focus is in both print and online journalism. I have loved being a part of the Her Campus team for the last semester and am so excited to be the campus correspondant for the 2011-2012 year.