This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Alright, I’ve kept my nerdy side hidden for long enough. So, here is my confession: I get an odd enjoyment out of, not playing videogames, but watching others play videogames (this is probably some sort of side effect from growing up with multiple brothers). So it’s a good thing I’m dating a videogame nerd.

Our current obsession is a new game called “Bioshock Infinate.” It’s a first person shooter, which basically means you see through the eyes of the character and you shoot enemies. Aside from first person shooters being my favorite kind of game, other than war games, this game has an amazing story line.

You play the game as Booker Dewit, some sort of badass rebel gunman who has a debt to pay. In order to pay off your debt you have to capture a girl and bring her to the people you owe the debt too. Even though you play as Booker, the game is all about that girl, Elizabeth.

You find Elizabeth with in the first few minutes of the game and she stays with you through out the majority of the playtime. I haven’t finished the game yet so I don’t know what comes of the relationship between Booker and Elizabeth, but my prediction is that they fall in love and spend their lives running from the mysterious people whom Booker owes his debt.

You find Elizabeth up in a tower where he parents have hidden. Then you rescue her from the tower and bring her down to the city where she rarely been before, so its appropriate that the designers created Elizabeth using Disney princes as their model. That makes Booker her Prince Charming.

The graphics of the game are incredible. You can see Elizabeth’s skirt billowing in the wind as she stands and looks at the devastation of the Shanty Towns without any odd graphical glitches.

As your progress through the game you uncover powers to use against enemies as well as uncover the mysteries of what’s really going on in this odd city. Time literally flys when I sit down and watch my boyfriend play “Bioshock Infinite.” If you have any interest at all in videogames, or even if you don’t, I suggest giving this 

I'm a journalism student at the University of Arizona.