This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

As we slowly transition into fall and winter, the cold and dryness that comes along with it takes a toll on our skin. Bonnie LaPlante, an esthetician on WebMD states that “as soon as you turn the heat on indoors, the skin starts to dry out.” In order to combat the dullness and dryness that comes with the declining temperatures, here are some tips to ensure you keep your goddess-like glow.

1. Mix products: If your skin is more on the drier side to begin with, adding in a little bit of moisturizer with your foundation can make for a smoother look without the appearance of dry flakes cramping your style. If you are extremely dry, try adding a bit of beauty oil to your foundation to really get that glow.

2. Bump up your skincare: If you are on the lazier side when it comes to skincare, be sure to spend the extra time and money on your skin when winter rolls around. Switch out the lighter, summer moisturizer for something more heavy duty like First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration. Or, if you’re on the oiler side, just use the heavier moisturizer at night and a lighter one in the morning. Just make sure to moisturize ladies! If you really want to show your skin some love, moisturize with some coconut oil, it works wonders!

3. Use more cream products! Using more cream products will not only look more natural but it will multi-task by moisturizing your skin as well. Using cream products like NYX’s rouge cream blushes will make your skin look dewy, fresh and absolutely gorgeous (well more gorgeous than all of you already are, duh).

4. Don’t forget to exfoliate! Exfoliation plays a big part in removing dry skin, as the primary purpose of exfoliation is the removal of dead skin cells. To maximize the benefits of exfoliation, don’t forget to use your new heavy duty moisturizer to really plump your skin up! But, just remember over exfoliation is also bad for your skin so keep exfoliation down to about two times a week.

5. Don’t neglect your lips: Having dry, chapped lips is not very pleasant so invest in a good chapstick! My all-time favorite is the Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. Another great trick is to exfoliate your lips by lightly brushing over your lips with your toothbrush!

With fall already upon us and winter quickly approaching, keep these tips in mind next time you head to the beauty store or have a nice spa day. Your skin will thank you immensely!