Animal Shelter Hosts “Be Mine” Adoption Special

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Looking for a companion to snuggle with for Single’s Awareness Day? How about the ultimate Valentine’s gift for your loved one? Stop by the Pima Animal Care Center on 4000 N. Silverbell Road for their “Be Mine” adoption special.

The special runs from Feb. 11 to Feb. 17 with adoption rates lowered to $14 which includes vaccinations, micro-chipping and spaying or nuetering. For adoption of a dog over three-months-old there will be an additional $15 licensing fee.

“Valentine’s Day is one day devoted to love, but these animals will be able to provide love 365 days a year,” said Kim Janes, Manager of Pima Animal Care Center. “You’re not only gaining a loyal companion, but you’re also giving the ultimate gift of the heart: Saving a life.”

Pima Animal Care Center is open from noon to 7:00 p.m. on weekdays and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekends. For more information on adoptions visit www.pima.gov/animalcare or call 520-243-5900.

Mo is a 21-year-old journalist/video-blogger from Honolulu, Hawaii. She is currently a senior at the Univeristy of Arizona's Journalism School and is interested in youtube, journalism, beauty, Harry Potter and more. To learn more about Mo visit her website at www.mothejournalist.com