9 Things You’ll Miss Most About Freshman Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Freshman year at the University of Arizona is paradise, and I would do anything to relive it. Now that the school year is coming to a close, the freshman are moving on and becoming upperclassman, making way for the newbies that will arrive in the fall. There are so many wonderful parts about freshman year that the freshman now don’t even realize they will miss. Below I will uncover 9 things you will soon realize you miss the most:

1. The Thrill

One of the key components that makes freshman year one of the best is the excitement – everything is brand new and unlike anything you’ve ever experience before.

2. Your GPA

Say hello to what they call the “sophomore slump”

3. The dorms

This may come as a surprise to most because as ready as you may feel to get the hell out of your shoebox sized room; I can proudly say that not only I but also a good majority of my friends miss our tiny dorm rooms in Coronado, and only living floors apart from one other.

4. Bagel Talk

I know I’m not alone when I say Bagel Talk was one of the highlights of my freshman year. It was the cure to a horrible hangover, or just a fun place to meet up with your friends for breakfast or lunch (or sometimes even both –we’ve all been there).

5. Meal Plan

Most people don’t continue the meal plan after their freshman year, but you will surely miss the convenience of spending your “monopoly money” on chik-fil-a or late night runs to the PSU market.

6. Gen-Eds

Let me tell you, school gets a whole lot harder than you could’ve possibly imagined once you start taking classes towards your major – and don’t even think about skipping class.

7.  The Rec

A majority of the sophomores live in apartment buildings where you now have a gym only floors above or below you. While this is super convenient and the gyms are still really nice, there’s just something about going to the rec and getting one of their delicious smoothies at fuel when you complete your workout.

8. Going out 5 nights a week

While I don’t advise this, freshman year is the one time in your life when you can get away with this and somehow still pass all your classes.

9. Not having a job

In most cases you can get away with not having a job because parents understand how hard and challenging the transition of college can be – but that transition is over which means the nagging for getting a part-time job begins.

Enjoy your freshman year and experience everything you possibly can because I guarantee you it will be one of the best years of your life.