The 9 Newly Released Songs to Help You Get Through the Rest of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Songs have the ability to make you think and even inspire you. Whether its love songs that remind you to celebrate your significant other or songs that inspire you to be independent, and not care as much. Songs can make you smile when you’re feeling down, and as the end of the school year is ending soon, we are in desperate need of inspiration. So, here’s 9 newly released songs to help you get through the rest of the semester:

GLORIOUS BY JAMES MORRISON

This feel-good song by James Morrison gets you excited for summer. With his lyrics about the excitement and the fun of a summer romance, this song will have you daydreaming about your summer plans. The perfect way to get you excited to have school end!

ORANGE TREES BY MARINA

This beautifully composed song will get you inspired to find peace within. With lyrics like “life is beautiful” and “livin’ like we’re supposed to” this song will have feeling excited for the future and grateful for what you already have.

SHE BY JAKE SCOTT

Sometimes we need a love song that is not about breaking up or being better than someone else, but instead we need a love song that celebrates our significant other. With words like, “she knows me even when I don’t” you will find yourself falling in love with not only your significant other but also this song.

DON’T KILL MY HIGH BY LOST KINGS

Respecting yourself enough to have fun and not care about what others are thinking is the central theme of this fun and upbeat song. This song will have you wanting to dance all night and not care about who’s going to bring you down next.

A MIRACLE, A MILE AWAY BY BAD SUNS

This upbeat indie pop song will inspire you to stay optimistic about the possibilities life can offer you, while also having you become grateful for what has already been given. With lyrics like “quit looking for love, you’ve left behind” you will find yourself willing to accept the fact that maybe it is time to move on and focus on what you are worth.  

ON MY WAY BY ALAN WALKER, SABRINA CAPTERNER, FARRUKO

This type of song can be categorized as a song that is grateful for one’s independence that they are willing to break free. It will remind you to love yourself because you always have yourself by your side. 

DON’T DISAPPOINT ME BY RUTH B.

A real and inspiring song is what will help you get through the rest of the semester. With Ruth B.’s new song about our generations love patterns but wanting more with someone, you will be reminded to stay cautiously optimistic. You never know what is around the corner.

STYLE BY FOSTER THE PEOPLE

Life is short; if you think about it, life is incredibly short. The only thing you can never have more of is time. This song is about being independent and having fun in life because life is short. Even though it’s hard, try and not waste a single second regretting anything, because you are going on the right track, and this song will help and remind you of that.

GREEN LIGHT GO BY BECKY G.

Of course, I needed to add a girl power song in this playlist. Becky G.’s new song will have you singing along to lyrics that remind you of your beautiful and incredible power. With words like “no one can stop me” you will be able to remember your strength once again.

Dayne DiSesa

Arizona '19

Dayne DiSesa is a senior at the University of Arizona. She is double majoring in Gender and Women Studies and Creative Writing, and working on fulfilling her life long dream of becoming a social worker. Dayne is a proud owner of two guinea pigs (Buritos and Dorritios), 20 dreamcatchers, and a car she named after Betty White. You can follow her on instagram: @sunflowersanddaynishes.