5 Ways To Keep Creepy Guys From Ruining Your Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

It’s that time to let your hair down and break in your new swimsuit because Spring Break is the time to get some sun, to go on a vacation with friends; it’s basically a time to take a break from school, a time to live life. You’ve got everything planned; you know where you’re going, who you’re going with, and what you will be doing. You forgot one thing, that guy; if you already know your way around a creepy guy then have a great Spring Break but just to be safe, here are some tips to get rid of that annoying guy that won’t leave you alone.

There is a pretty big chance that you will run into someone like this in paradise so I want you to be prepared.

Let’s say you’re at a party/bar/get together and you’re feeling good, ready to have a wonderful time but this guy comes up to you to make conversation. At first, it’s harmless but then it gets awkward with his constant flirting and inappropriate comments so you want him to leave you alone.

1. Leave: You have tried everything, you have been cold, you gave him one-word responses, you pretty much got into bitch mode but he still won’t leave you alone. If he wont leave, then you might have to, leave the place or leave where you’re sitting. It may suck to have to leave but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

2. Tell him you have a boyfriend: If you’re lucky enough to be in a relationship, you can tell the creep that you have a boyfriend and that usually does the trick, he should leave you alone.

3. Make something up: Like in Lily Allen’s song, “Knock ‘em out” she says things like “I’m pregnant I’m yeah I’m having a baby in 6 months so no” or “And no you can’t have my number cause I lost my phone.” Make up a fake boyfriend or you use the “I’m sorry, I’m a lesbian” excuse. Works like a charm.

4. Show some anger: If none of those things work, you can start to show some anger and frustration, cause a scene if you have to.

5. Jenna Marbles Face: Lastly, if none of that worked, you can always pull a Jenna Marbles face. Here’s the video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0 if you have no idea what I’m talking about. It works for her so it could work for you.

Now everything is officially thought of and taken care of, no persistent creepy guys to ruin your vacation so have a wonderful and safe Spring Break.  

Freshman at the University of ArizonaMajor: Theatre ArtsMinor: Spanish and Journalism