5 Netflix Movies You Didn’t Know You Should Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.
  1. Shakespeare In Love: If you adore cheesy romance movies, this flick is for you. It tells the story of Shakespeare’s inspiration behind his famous play, Romeo and Juliet. Gwyneth Paltrow and Joseph Fiennes star in this film about true love and finding a muse
  2. The Last Five Years: This is a quirky musical about a couple’s five years of marriage. Through genius music, Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan convey the troubles every couple faces and bring to life the contemporary take on the original musical.
  3. Can’t Buy Me Love: This is a classic 80’s comedy featuring Patrick Dempsey and Cindy Mancini. If you need a feel good movie, watch this flick about a nerdy, high school boy finding a way into the popular crowd by doing a favor for the prettiest girl in school.
  4. Mr. Nobody: This movie is a bit off-beat but extremely thought provoking. Jared Leto stars as the last, mortal human on Earth and reflects on what lives he could have lived. Small events in his life lead to completely different paths. It is interesting to consider the miniscule happenings that occur in our own lives and how that tiny thing could impact our lives greatly.  
  5. For a Good Time Call…: This flick is raunchy, hilarious, and naughty. Lauren Anne Miller stars as the reserved, just dumped, girl-next-door and Ari Graynor stars as the confident, sexual girl who gets Lauren involved in her phone-sex business. If you need a good laugh or maybe some inspiration, watch this film.