This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

1. He makes you laugh: If the two of you can smile together and make fun of one another, this makes for a colorful and lively relationship. If you genuinely enjoy being in his presence, he is a keeper.

2. He supports you: Many boyfriends have no interest in hearing about your dreams and ambitions. If your man asks about what your life is like outside of the relationship and always shows up to events that are important to you, he is a keeper.

3. He is ambitious in his own life: Us girls aren’t asking for a handsome billionaire. We can’t all be Anastasia Steele. But a man with motivation is extremely attractive. Who wants to be in a relationship with a couch potato? If he cares to be successful, he is a keeper.

4. He reminds you how much he loves you: Every girl loves to hear that her man is thinking about her and to be reassured that she is loved deeply. If your man brings you flowers, or even a bag of hot cheetos, just because, he is a keeper.

5. His family dynamic is similar to yours: Family is extremely important, especially when things are beginning to get serious. Finding a man who values and is close to his loved ones is a must. If you feel comfortable and welcomed around his family, he is a keeper.

6. He makes you want to be a better person: Look for qualities that you admire in a man. Find someone who inspires you to better yourself every day and hold on tight. If you respect your boyfriend’s morals and outlook on life, he is a keeper.

7. He tries with your friends: There is nothing more attractive than a man who cares for your loved ones. He wants to be a part of world and immerse himself in your life. If he goes out of his way to hang with your girlfriends (and doesn’t complain), he is a keeper.

8. He sends you good morning/ goodnight texts: Although this is something little, it proves that you are the last thing on his mind before he falls asleep, and the first thing on his mind when he wakes up. If he takes the time to send you these cute messages, he is a keeper.

9. Silence isn’t awkward: Sometimes, we just run out of conversation with our significant other and it can be painfully awkward. But if silence feels natural, this is a sign that you are comfortable enough with your partner to simply enjoy each other’s presence. If holding his hand and appreciating being next to him puts you at peace, he is a keeper.

10. He’s down to stay in on a Saturday night: Going out every night can be tiring. Sometimes, watching Ferris Bueller’s Day Off with a bottle of red wine and in n out, sounds more appealing than turning up at the club. If your man shows up at your door with a bottle of red and animal fries, he is a keeper.