William Robert McKinney ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Name: William Robert McKinney
Age:  19
Year:  Sophomore
Hometown:  Raleigh, NC
Major:  Marketing
Relationship Status:  Single

Q: What activities are you involved in on campus?
A: Kappa Alpha Order-Detla Psi Chapter

Q: What’s your favorite thing about being a Mountaineer?
A:
The atmosphere that Appalachian State has to offer is the University’s best asset.  The town of Boone and the beautiful campus are the main points that set App State apart from the rest. 

Q: If you could date any celebrity, who would it be?
A:
Jessica Beil

Q: How do you let someone know you are interested in them?
A:
Letting someone know you’re interested is a tricky process because if you are too subtle, then it could push them away.  So I normally just try and just hang out with them a lot first.  This lets me know more about them and can reassure how I’m feeling or let me know that they aren’t for me.  So it’s probably just staying in contact with the person. Not just hanging out, but communication via text, etc.

Q: Biggest turn-off?
A:
When girls act differently around different groups of people.  They should just be themselves and that’s what’s going to make people want to hang out with them and possibly date them.

Q: What is something no one would guess about you?
A:
That I’m very creative and pretty good at drawing and painting.

Q: Ideal first-date?
A: Going to the Blue Ridge Parkway and having a picnic. 

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!