Why Boutique Shopping Is the Best Choice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Boutique shops are popping up everywhere, and starting competition with chain retailers.  Why is the small town boutique the new retail shopper’s favorite? There are a number of reasons. Small boutiques have a sense of character. The small business owner adds their sense of charm to the shop that makes it different to shop there.

Boutiques also strayaway from commercial marketing techniques. Many boutiques use average sized models, rather than super skinny runway models, to model their clothing. This is more realistic to you, the buyer, so you can see how the clothing will fit on you.

Along with sizes being more realistic for the customer, the prices are too! Many boutiques keep their prices under $40, which is perfect for the average college student. And if an item is a little pricy, they tend to offer special discounts on certain days!

Along with cute and trendy clothes, boutique shopping usually offers locally made small products like soap or necklaces. Products like these are special because you know they were not made in a factory across seas, they were made by hand!

Also remember that when you are shopping in a small boutique, you are supporting a local business! According to Grasshopper.com, 54 percent of US sales happen at small businesses. This is over half! The money that goes into small businesses typically goes into bettering the customer experience rather than a large corporation.

Boutique shopping is often more accessible as well. When small business owners cannot yet afford to open a physical retail shop, they start with an online shop. According to statista.com, there are 201.7 million online shoppers in the United States alone. Having an online boutique allows customers from different areas buy homemade, reasonably priced items.

Now you know why boutique shopping is more than just average shopping these days. Kanye West once said, “People say, ‘What do you mean you want to help the world, but you’re so concerned about fashion?’ It’s illegal to be naked. It is something that is extremely important.”

Now avoid being naked, shop at your hometown boutique! 

Inspried journalist who loves to tell stories. Orginally from Charlotte, North Carolina.