What Disney Movie You Should Watch Based on your Zodiac

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I am by no means a zodiac sign expert, I can’t tell you if we’re compatible and I can’t look at you and say “ you’re such a Libra.” Up until researching the signs, I didn’t know there were 12. So, before you judge my suggestions, just remember this is completely opinion based and let’s face it, you can’t go wrong with Disney movies. Grab a blanket and pop that bag of movie theatre butter popcorn and watch your somewhat strategically matched Disney movie. 

Aries – Mulan

Aries are known to be natural-born leaders and love to take on physical challenges. Aries are sometimes called pioneers and Mulan proved that women can just as easily do a man’s job, maybe even better. Now, you might be thinking that Aries are very honest and Mulan kept her identity a secret for so long, but in the end, she came clean and proved herself to be true.

Taurus – Brave

As a Taurus and redhead myself, I can say this was a little too much on the money; I kind of outdid myself. Taurus can be a little stubborn and enjoy the comfort of beautiful, serene locations. I mean, hello, her castle and Scotland have plenty of beautiful scenery. Merida is opinionated and won’t give in to being someone’s wife, she’s “fightin’ for her own hand!” (if you didn’t say that with an Irish accent, you’re doing it wrong).  

Gemini – Iron Man

As a huge Marvel fan, it was really hard not to give my zodiac sign this movie, but I digress. Gemini’s are very sociable and can be witty and intelligent. They are the life of the party, so to speak. Everything I just said about Gemini sums up Tony Stark, aside from being a billionaire, genius, playboy, and philanthropist

Cancer – Inside Out 

Cancers find comfort in their families and friends, they can be very protective of them and are typically open with their emotions. Cancers have fun and have great memories. When you think about emotions and memory, how can you not think of Inside Out, and let’s be honest, Fear was too relatable. That might just be me though.  

Leo – Cars

The obvious choice here would probably be Lion King, but Lightning McQueen seemed too perfect to pass up. Leos are bold and crave attention, they are extremely talented and they know it. The movie Cars is all about talented racers and Lightning McQueen’s need for attention and the spotlight. He knows he’s the best racer out there and is not afraid to show off now and then. Ka-Chow! 

Virgo – Ratatouille 

I have to admit, this one hurt a bit. Ratatouille is my all-time favorite Disney movie and a gift. It was hard to give this to another zodiac sign, but I guess it just made the most sense. Virgos can be very critical and pay attention to detail, they love to spread joy, and in Remy’s case, spread joy through good cuisine. He’s very critical of Linguini’s cooking skills and teaches him how to run a good restaurant. One good enough for Anton Ego to throw his reputation on the line for amiright! If you don’t understand that reference … seriously, watch it!

Libra – Moana

Libras are very kind and do their best to create balance and make the world a better place. They also are great problem solvers, think on the fly and they’re great conversationalists. Moana was very determined to create balance and peace back to her island and she had her speech all planned out for Maui, even though she could handle things herself. 

Scorpio – Toy Story 

Buzz and Woody are one of the greatest Disney duos ever and I was probably one of the only people over 10 shedding a tear in theatres for Toy Story 4. Woody is a natural born leader just like Scorpios. Scorpios can also have deep emotions and are very serious from time to time, just like how all the toys feel for Andy and also … Bonnie, I guess – I’m kidding, Bonnie is adorable. 

Sagittarius – A New Hope

Sagittarius is calm, cool and collected; they are nomads and free spirited. If that doesn’t perfectly describe Han Solo, I don’t know what does. I know what you’re thinking: Brooke – this is just turning into characters and zodiac signs, but seriously, A New Hope is all about adventure and journeying to galaxies far, far away with new friends. So if you’re a Sagittarius, watch it, you must (get it?!).   

Capricorn – Captain America: The First Avenger

Steve Rogers, my biggest Marvel crush, a true Capricorn in my opinion. He is selfless, determined and always level-headed. Capricorns are very mature and big rule followers, I mean c’mon I’m pretty much just listed off the traits of the star-spangled man with a plan himself. Capricorns are loyal to their friends and family, just like Cap is loyal to his pal Bucky! So, all my responsible CAPricorn’s don’t forget to wait after the credits, and you might as well just watch all the other Marvel movies because why not?

Aquarius – Princess and The Frog

Visionaries and dreamers, Aquarius have big ambitions just like the greatest Disney Princess, Tiana. You march to the beat of your own drum and are determined to work hard to make those dreams come to life, like maybe kissing a slimy frog. Aquarius’ also has some serious fashion sense, and I mean come on, nobody does fashion like Tiana and Charlotte from New Orleans. 

Pisces – Alice in Wonderland

Pisces are focused on their inner journey. They seek out adventure, they’re big dreamers and love secrets. Alice has a very curious mind which leads her down quite the rabbit hole. She travels through Wonderland, one of the most interesting journeys I’ve ever seen, meeting all sorts of unique and mad friends.

So, whether you’re Aries or Aquarius, just sit back, relax and watch a Disney movie that fits your vibe. For more interesting facts about your zodiac sign, check here

Appalachian State senior Communication-Journalism Major with a minor in Apparel and Merchandising