This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

When you think about Valentine’s Day, you probably think of flowers, cheesy teddy bears, and of course the chocolates. Rather than running to the closet grocery store to buy the heart shaped box of chocolates that everyone expects, whip up your own treats this Valentine’s Day.  Skip the overpriced chocolates and create a tasty treat in your own kitchen. Here are some ideas:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pops:

Mix the traditional chocolate chip cookie and the latest trend of cake pops to make a cookie pop! They make an adorable Valentines day treat and are fun to make! Get the recipe here! 

Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries- No Bake!

Chocolate covered strawberries are almost always a must on Valentines Day. Here is an alternative way to make chocolate covered strawberries that is to die for! Try it here.

HEALTHY Red Velvet Brownies

Cure your sweet tooth this Valentine’s Day with these healthy red velvet brownies! This is a mixture of vanilla, chocolate, and brownies all in one. The whole grain mixed in makes this a healthy treat! Click here to get the recipe!

Sweetheart Cinnamon Rolls

Sweeten up your breakfast on Valentine’s Day morning by making these Sweetheart Cinnamon Rolls. Take your normal canned cinnamon rolls and mold the dough into a heart shape. Bake like a normal cinnamon roll and enjoy! Try Here 

Reese’s Pretzel Bites

These little snacks are nothing fancy, but delicious! Usually spotted around Christmas time but with a Valentine’s Day twist.  These pretzel bites are easy enough to make anywhere and snack on all Valentine’s Day long! Learn how to make them here! 

Inspried journalist who loves to tell stories. Orginally from Charlotte, North Carolina.