Valentines Day 2020 Hub Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Valentines Day 2020 Hub Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Valentines Day-Six Ideas if You’re Staying in

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

When done right, a stay-at-home date with your lover can beat a night out together, anytime. This year, whether it’s the pandemic, or the snow keeping you inside, plan a fun, romantic date with your significant other using these ideas!

Making A Fort

You probably haven’t constructed a fort since childhood, but you’ll quickly be reminded of how fun they can be when you make one together as a couple! Grab your pillows, blankets, and sheets to make a comfy fortress with your love. Cuddle up with your favorite snacks, movies, and games. This simple idea will have you and your partner feeling close and cozy, perfect for a stay-at-home Valentines day.

Handmade gift exchange

Making a gift for your lover might be the perfect activity for a romantic night in. Whether you make your gifts together or privately, exchanging handmade items can make your partner feel extra special. These gifts are personal, one of a kind, and fun to make. Some easy ideas to get you started could be:

• Oven-baked clay jewelry plate
  • A custom tote bag
  • Handmade scented lip balm
  • Valentines themed terrarium
  • Custom candy bouquet
Listen to a customized music blend

It’s the modern-day mixtape, but better. This romantic idea might be my favorite on the list! Listen to a blend of personalized music, filled with you and your partner’s favorite songs using Spotify’s “blend” feature. If you’re an apple music user, they offer a similar option dubbed “friends mix” that shares your favorite music with others! Dance around the room and enjoy the tunes of your love. Spotify’s mix updates daily, so you can bond over your favorite shared music as a romantic activity, any time.

Do each other’s nails

Maybe you’ve overdone the at-home-spa day as a Valentine’s Day activity. This year, opt for a simple, intimate activity: give your significant other a mani-pedi! Light some candles and put on some sensual music to help make your at-home mani-pedi the perfect stay-at-home date.

Sexy picture session

Forget snapchatting those pics to your lover this year. Grab your polaroid or film camera (I know you have an old disposable sitting around), and your favorite nightwear. Head to the bedroom and start posing. These physical film pictures will provide a tangible Valentine’s Day memory for you and your lover, and are much more flattering than a phone camera. Enjoy both being a model and a photographer with this spicy activity!

Study each other’s birth chart

When you like someone, it’s natural to want to deep dive into their character and personality. Whether you’ve been together for two months or two years, learning about your partner’s birth chart can give you a greater insight into how they operate from within. It can even help improve your connection. If you’re new to astrology, start with the sun, moon, and rising signs in the chart! Get to know everything about what each sign means for your partner. This romantic idea will have you talking about your experiences for hours.

Madison Bailey

App State '23

Madison Bailey is a national writer at Her Campus Media focusing on all things style, beauty, and lifestyle. She works closely with the style and lifestyle verticals at Her Campus, including reviews, roundups, sustainable style, and pop-culture. After graduating from Appalachian State University in May 2023 where she was Campus Coordinator of Her Campus at App State, Madison has written for Teen Vogue, Modeliste Magazine, Global Garbs, and more. Her time as Head Writer for The Collective Magazine, Appalachian State’s fashion and culture magazine, sparked her passion for the exciting world of fashion. She is currently in marketing at Modeliste Magazine where she’s able to celebrate her favorite things; fashion, beauty, celebrities, influencer style, and travel. In her free time, you can find Madison soaking in all the beauty that the blue ridge mountains have to offer. Or, when she’s not writing, you can find her thrifting, sipping a raspberry matcha, or cooking her favorite vegan meals!