The Top Five Mascaras You Have To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Okay, readers, I’m going to be totally honest – I hate buying expensive things. Whether it be make up, clothes, or accessories, I tend to opt for the affordable yet stylish choice. After trying one too many eyelash pulling, clumpy, and ineffective drug stores mascaras, however, I came to an immediate realization – it was time for a drastic upgrade. Resolved to open my wallet a little bit wider, I explored the local department and beauty stores and found a few great mascaras that I will definitely be using in the future. Check out the top five mascaras that you have to try: 

Volumizing:

Clinique’s High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara $19.50

This is the mascara I used today, and I have to say, I love it! You can layer your lashes without getting any clumps and it produces extremely dramatic results. If you have long eyelashes that desperately lack volume (like mine), this is a great choice!

Lengthening:

Diorshow Iconic Mascara $28.50

This mascara was made for the runway or celebrity events, so it’s perfect for a night on the town. The brush has long, super skinny teeth that allow you to reach each and every lash. If you’re looking for a mascara that adds the length and drama, this should be your go to make up!

Curling:

Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes $27

After wandering the aisles of Ulta for a minute too long, a worker came up to me and assured me that Lancôme had some of the best mascara out there. I have to say, she was right! After testing it on my own lashes, I found that my usual straight lashes were way more curled and dramatic. Needless to say, I chose to add it to my make up collection.

[pagebreak]

Combination:

Benefit’s “They’re Real!” Mascara $23

If you’re looking for a lengthening, volumizing, and curling mascara, you’ll find it in Benefit’s “They’re Real!” mascara. This mascara gives a fake lash look that is all natural, and you won’t be disappointed! It’s worth every penny.

Clinical:

Tart’s Lights, Camera, Action! Mascara  $19

If you’re idea of a perfect mascara is one that is clinically beneficial and natural, Tart’s “Lights, Camera, Action!” mascara is perfect for you. This mascara lengthens, volumizes, curls, and conditions for a great price! Known for producing a 90% increase in lash curl and a 424% increase in volume, this mascara is sure to wow!

No matter what mascara may be best for you, all of these are great choices that you will love!