clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Time Never Stops: Hello Senior Year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Starting senior year is an intense mixture of emotions.

One day you’re 18 and walking into freshman orientation, and the next day you’re 21 laying in bed on a Saturday night drinking wine and watching “The Best Of Me” with your two best friends, just wondering how you got here, how you met them, and how time has flown by that fast.

Sometimes I find myself thinking about just how insanely different my life is now than it was three years ago when I started this collegiate journey. How did I become the person I am? How did I meet all of these people that made me who I am?

I don’t have the answers right now, but by May 2017, I hope to have an update for you.

Senior year is all about doing all of those things you’ve always wanted to do in college, but never have.

Eat at this restaurant, take this hike, visit this town, do this with this person. We seniors have ONE more year to live up to our own expectations about what we believed college was all about.

I don’t know about the rest of the future graduates of 2017, but I plan to make my senior year full of life, laughter, and love.

I plan to spend time with a multitude of my best friends  – and spend less time worrying about the people who aren’t on that list.

I plan to go to bed late and wake up early… only so I can catch Chick-Fil-A breakfast every now and then.

I plan to search for jobs, but only enough to get excited, not enough to get sad.

I plan to have a lot of movie nights, a lot of which will probably include “The Best Of Me” because that movie is the saddest movie anyone could ever watch, and will involuntarily produce the tears people need to shed sometimes.

I plan to thank my parents – over and over and over again. I plan to write to my grandparents, send them photos, thank them for their love and guidance and giving hearts.

I plan to go home on fall break, winter break, and occasional long weekends. I plan to remember that after this year, my hometown will no longer be my home – my home will be wherever my job is – and even though that excites me, I know deep down how much it hurts my mother to think about.

I plan to grow stronger spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically so that when May comes around, I am ready and secure to take the “real” world by storm. I may be scared now, but come May I want to feel prepared and anxious.

Senior year – a mixture of emotions. A mixture of the past and future and the now all clashing together, and overwhelming your thoughts when you’re trying to think about any other possible thing.

25 credit hours. 2 semesters. 10 months.

Images:

http://mvstampede.net/2162/oped/senior-year-not-as-easy-as-it-sounds/

https://www.pinterest.com/irishfaerygirl/senior-year-ideas/

Carlin is a senior at Appalachian State University pursuing a degree in Public Relations and English. She is a Bachelor and One Tree Hill fanatic who is passionate about chocolate frosties and Chipotle. Her dream job is to be a sports reporter for ESPN.