pBBW1 21882445enh z8jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pBBW1 21882445enh z8jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

The Tea on Bath & Body Works

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

A brand that’s been around since 1990, Bath & Body Works is a staple in most women’s fragrance and lotion collections. Let’s face it, the stuff smells good and it’s also not incredibly expensive. How do I feel about Bath & Body Works? Let’s get into it.

Most people around me know that I am incredibly passionate about fragrance. I love smelling almost everything pleasant and am picky about my fragrances. Just this morning, I spent twenty minutes trying to decide what air freshener to buy. Over the past few weeks, I’ve found that many of the people that I talk to, most of whom get many of their fragrances from Bath & Body Works, are almost ashamed to admit that they shop there. It’s almost like they feel that it’s taboo to not spend hundreds of dollars on expensive perfumes. Let me give you some important information. I love Bath & Body Works. Their men’s collection smells so unique and pleasant while not being too generic or cloying. Their lotions are so moisturizing while also smelling like much more expensive products. I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to spend tons of money to smell good. While I do love some fragrances that may cost $100 or more, I love them for what they smell like, not what they cost. Bath & Body Works truly has some of the best fragrances I’ve ever smelled and it just so happens to be relatively inexpensive, especially in the world of fragrance. 

I dislike the stigma that is put on fragrance in terms of pricing. There are some very expensive fragrances that I really dislike the smell of – Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille, for example. Fragrances don’t have to cost a fortune to make you smell like an elegant queen. My current favorite fragrance from Bath & Body Works is definitely Japanese Cherry Blossom. It inspires thoughts of a beautiful woman sitting under a cherry blossom tree, with her hair gently blowing in the wind, writing poetry. It’s not too strong, but it’s also powerful enough to get the point across. I believe that Japanese Cherry Blossom is the most elegant fragrance that Bath & Body Works sells; they have this fragrance in everything from candles, to room sprays, and perfume. Yes, they have it as a perfume – you can buy it here – which makes me so excited. All of the Japanese Cherry Blossom scented products also come in beautiful red & floral packaging that brings attention to the pure femininity that this fragrance represents. You can’t go wrong with almost any fragrance in Bath & Body Works however, if I were you, I’d get Japanese Cherry Blossom so you can smell like the fantastic, feminine queen you are.

Bath & Body Works is a really awesome place to shop. They’re relatively inexpensive for not only the amount of product you receive but also the fragrances themselves, which are of high quality – at least to my nose. Don’t be ashamed to save some money, I know I’m not, and go live your best life while you smell your absolute best!

As always beautiful people, be great, smell great!

Brandon Darden

App State '23

Brandon is a junior English, Secondary Education major at Appalachian State University. After graduating in the spring of 2023, Brandon hopes to encourage interest in learning, especially in the minds of high school students. Brandon has been a member of HerCampus App State since 2021, and along with being one of its current Campus Correspondents, specializes in writing about fragrance and beauty while also writing about other topics such as mental health, experiences in college as a person of color, and poetry.