This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Coming back from fall break may or may not be one of the hardest things we as college students have to face in the first half of our year. Nothing quite compares to the comfort of being home with family, childhood friends, and of course our loving pets after the perils of midterms and drowning in assignments. It seems almost impossible to swallow the fact that the next break we might have is going to be Thanksgiving, so here are some tips to help you push through until then!  

Enjoy the weather!

Nothing quite compares to the beauty of Boone in the fall which makes the time between returning from fall break and going home for Thanksgiving break prime time! Get out and enjoy the leaves, the last few rays of warm sunshine, and the cherished moments when you can walk outside without needing seven different layers.

Socialize!

For some, this is easier said than done. There are so many fun activities to do in the time we have before Thanksgiving break. Whether that means going to a corn maze, picking out the perfect pumpkin, walking King Street with a warm cup of coffee, or enjoying the beauty that the parkway holds, grab a friend or two and make memories that will last a lifetime!

Tailgates and football games!

Not only is Appalachian football killing the game this year, they are playing during the most beautiful time of year! Tailgates, whether on a beautiful sunny day or a rainy day, are with your friends and family, and the energy in the town is infectious. Even if football games aren’t really your thing, take the time to get out there and see the town come alive; there’s no way you won’t enjoy yourself!

Create study groups!

Let’s be honest, motivation is running incredibly low these days to get all of your school work done, but that doesn’t mean you can’t spice it up. Studying doesn’t always have to be done in the library, so grab some coffee, order a pizza, or pick a spot with your friends that will actually motivate you to do well.

Here’s to you-you’re half way there!

Jennifer is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Sociology. When she isn't writing, Jennifer is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta-Nu Alpha, is writing music, is making your favorite coffee, stopping every stranger on the street to pet their dogs, probably napping, and giving glory to The Lord for all of the opportunities she has been given.