SNOWBESITY: Layering In The Colder Months

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Ahh, welcome to Boone, where rainy, cold, and miserable are the three most accurate words to describe the weather here. With that being said, as the weather gradually (correction, rapidly) gets colder, getting dressed in the morning becomes a real struggle.

Why? you may ask- one word. Snowbesity. 

So what exactly is snowbesity? Titus from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt said it best…

Yaaas. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves! However, we’ve redefined snowbesity for the standards of the moutains. In Boone, weather is a constantly changing factor. From weeks of nothing but rain, to days so cold you are technically not supposed to leave your dorm room, no one ever really knows what to wear. With the constant need for layers being a factor in play, you’re pretty much guaranteed to look like a stuffed sausage. However, snowbesity goes beyond the “I can’t tell if I’m fat or just layered in warmth” to an entire spectrum of the attitude that goes with the winter months in Boone including (but not limited to) hating the process of getting ready or dressed, never wanting to leave your room, and eating yourself into food comas. 

I present to you, the stages of snowbesity. 

The process of getting dressed begins.

You may even have to ask your roommate for help….

And when it’s all said and done?

Then, as it gets colder, you automatically become ten times lazier. 

Next, you are compelled to always wear comfy PJs and eat yourself into a coma.

Finally, every day ends up going just about the same way…

Alas, winter in Boone is not an easy time. Yet, it’s the perfect excuse to be lazy, look like a sausage, eat a ton, and sleep a lot. Happy cold months, Boonies!

Sources:http://giphy.com/gifs/funny-lazy-jim-gaffigan-UwjE7m3HGBnbyhttp://giphy….

Jordan is a Freshman at Appalachian State working a degree in Communications and Public Relations. She's a member of the Theta-Nu chapter of Alpha Phi, and currently serves as the Director of Target Membership Marketing for the chapter. Jordan is an intern newsdesk reporter at The Appalachian campus paper. In her free time, she loves being lazy with the gent, Lee, and their puppies; Macey, Jack, and Ruby. Her dream job is to be a News Anchor.