This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Skincare is such an important part of our lives. Good skincare routines help to prevent wrinkles, acne, and overall damage. Whether you’re a minimalist and only use two products, or dozens like me and need to start an hour ahead of time, I wanted to share some of my favorite skincare products that helped me improve my skin. Everyone has different skin types and know that these products might not work the same for everyone. 

7 Day Scrub Cream (Clinique)

This cream is used before any facial soap and it really makes your skin feel silky smooth. If you’re like me and your skin is as dry as the Sahara, this is a lifesaver. I would only use a little at a time because it can be a bit abrasive. Although, this isn’t a product for everyday use, considering it’s more of an exfoliating cream. Let’s be honest, I don’t know why it’s called “7 Day” Scrub Cream, I still haven’t figured that one out but, because I definitely would need to use this scrub for more than 7 days. 

Eye Cream (Kylie Skin)

Yes, you read that right, Kylie Skin has an amazing eye cream that I use twice a day and it feels smooth and light. The texture is very hydrating and dewy. One thing I learned from watching countless videos on skincare is you can never be too young to start using eye cream. Usually, we see older women in the eye cream commercials to hide or maintain wrinkles, but if you start using eye cream now it can be used as a preventative for eye wrinkles. At least that’s what I keep telling myself! 

Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil (Clinique)

If you haven’t guessed already, Clinique is my favorite skincare brand. This last product is my absolute favorite to use. Whether you wear minimal makeup or love to go full glam, this product will help take off all that makeup (even the stubborn leftover mascara under your eyes). I used to take my makeup off with a wipe religiously, that is until my aunt introduced me to makeup cleansing oil. I typically use cotton rounds or reusable cotton rounds with it and my skin is better for it. 

These are just a few products that saved my super dry skin. I feel skincare should be very personal and fun (if you don’t pretend to film a skincare YouTube tutorial, you’re totally missing out). We have all struggled at times with skincare, but don’t worry, with the right routine, that glow up is coming soon!

Appalachian State senior Communication-Journalism Major with a minor in Apparel and Merchandising